Join us for our 2024 Halloween Open House & Stitch In October 5th ~ 10:00 - 4:00

Join us for our 2024 Halloween Open House & Stitch In    October 5th ~ 10:00 - 4:00
~ Our Pre-Registered STITCH IN is FULL ~ BUT there's plenty of sweet & spooky things to see and shop for!

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

~ October Wenesday Ramblings ~

 
 
 
 Hello Friends & Folk!
...happy Wednesday to us all...

thank you for stopping in for a visit ~
 
the day is a beautiful one,
with the occasional high fluffy cotton cloud
and bright blue sky...

our black walnut trees are dropping their leaves and
I've been harvesting the nuts to make my dye.

I cannot believe that our Halloween Open House & Stitch In is this Saturday!
we are so looking forward to seeing everyone ❤
 
I will take lots of photos and perhaps video of the day, for those who can't attend this year!
 
🍁 πŸ‚ πŸŽƒ πŸ‚ 🍁  
 
last year, myself and Tribe of girlfriends made these concrete pumpkins...
mine came out 'ok', but the girls' jacks are beautiful!

I'd like to make more next year for the open house...

 

I will be turning these beautiful egg gourds into garlands today,
don't you just love the beautiful markings on them???




and I've stitched up the cutest little wool applique pumpkin guy ~
and put him in an old metal embroidery hoop as a finish!
he will be available here on Saturday at the Open House...
the Halloween Confetti Penny Mat also shown is a WIP and I'm hoping to finish it before Halloween! LOL



as you might tell, I have just a few more pennies and wool 'shapes' to go ~
I'll be keeping the mat for my very own self...
I think the weird scrap wool shapes sprinkled in here & there are fun, don't you?

I never throw away scraps....and this is one example of why LOL!!


Our shop will be CLOSED this Friday, October 6th in preparation of the Open House,
and doors will open at 10:00 Saturday Morning...

see you all soon my sweet friends!

 


Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loveable your things

NMK said...

Love your pretty scrappy rug & Pumpkin Guy in the hoop ! Those egg gourds look awesome !!!
Have a Wonderful Halloween Open House !!! Wish I lived closer !!!

gracie said...

You are so creative!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lucky ladies who will be at the open house!

TheCrankyCrow said...

How I wish, how I might attend your open house! Your little pumpkin fella is wicked cute - the finish is perfect. I helped a friend make concrete jacks a few years back. Messy job that. 😳 Hope things go amazingly for the open house! ~Robin~

Nancy said...

Concrete jacks?! That's a new one on me, but yours looks quite good! Your Halloween Confetti mat is clever as can be, and so full of All Hallows Happy!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your penny mat is looking good and your round jack is adorable, Lori. Your concrete pumpkins are neat. I hope you have a wonderful Open House on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I so wish I didn't live across the country or I would be there! I love your pumpkin guy and the penny mat! Those pumpkin and egg gords are very unique!

Donna Sperling said...

I wish I could attend your open house!! I know it will be filled to the brim with wonderful things. You and Peter will be the friendliest host.
You always make the most of "sraps". I hate to throw out even the smallest amount of wool or vintage fabric(or a piece of new I really love) and you have given me the idea of making these penny's. You always have the best ideas.
I am sure you would have nothing left, if you do will you be posting in your etsy shop? I'd love to have one of your garlands.
I will be at your open house in spirit. Have a wonderful day.

Betty said...

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day! Hav FUN!