Saturday, March 02, 2024

~ soggy Saturday ~

 
 
 Good Moring Friends & Folk!
...and a happy Soggy Saturday to us all...

it rained most of the night, leaving our ground saturated and sponge-y ~
great for the flowers, not so for the shoes lol.

Some of you have asked me what sampler I used
as the the background to this photo of my latest little embroidered Farm Folk:


I used my 'Eliza Chace' sampler as seen below,
although the photo is a bit washed out ~
 
 

here's a better photo showing colors of linen, threads & stains...
 

This sampler is in my personal collection,
and I've charted it for you!
 
it was stitched in blue, green blue, brown & black threads
but of course you can stitch it in whichever colors suit you!

 


I would LOVE to see your version of my 'Eliza Chace' ~
so if you stitch it and share it on IG or FB, kindly tag me @notforgottenfarm 
🩵~💙~🩵~💙~🩵~💙~🩵

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Good heavens woman, how could you stitch so small pieces? They are wonderful
You must have one of those magnifiers on a light to help you. But even so I'd be blind or cross-eyed after stitching just one.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your embroidered pieces are darling. What a precious sampler and thank you for charting it for us. Soggy here! Hopefully it will be less soggy by the 16th. Have a wonderful weekend, Lori!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

Nancy said...

Wow! How generous of you!!! It's beautiful...is the original antique, or was this design borne of your imagination? ❤️

pj said...

Thank you Lori for sharing such a treasure from your antique sampler collection. Very kind!
Happy spring!

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderful treasure....and thank you for charting it for us. You are so very good to us. ~Robin~

Christine said...

how wonderful, Lori!
Thank you for charting your lovely old sampler for us. I love this and truly everything that your hands create. ~ C ~

Anonymous said...

Do you have tutorials on cross stitch? I have never been interested but seeing your designs I think I might like to give it a go