Tuesday, March 05, 2024

~ tuesday morning stitches ~

 
~ Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
...and a very happy tuesday to us all.

we are supposed to reach temps in the 70's today, 
and that is fine...
except that it will bring more of the 'ladybugs' out of the woods & woodwork
which makes it hard to stitch anywhere, inside or outside as they have a penchant of landing on my head, in my teacup or on my stitching.
{these are not true lady bugs...they are actually Multicolored Asian Lady Beetles
and are considered destructive, invasive pests.}

anyhoo.....
I love these faux tulips that I put in a yellow wall box in our kitchen.
they make me happy everytime I pass them by :)

 

I'll be 'building' a farmhouse today, 
my materials are of course thread & fabric.

I have an idea for a sampler of sorts, combining embroidery and cross stitching,
and using motifs from my previous postings of my little embroidered Farm Folk.





so many little stitches go into my work.
and with each stitch, a memory...
a thought
a feeling
and mood.
happy moods = happy projects
{so i've been told}


what are you working on today?
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

6 comments:

Nancy said...

And those little Ladybug impersonators bite, too!

Loving your little white farmhouse...I imagine it has chippy white paint!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your house is a very, very, fine house indeed. One can get lost in those tiny stitches. I'm not certain what I will be working on today...I was brought up to believe one should only "play" after the day's work is done, so I tend to only play with my needlework, loops of wool, etc. after the sun goes down. Silly I know - especially these days when I fritter most of my days away but still, old habits die hard. ~Robin~

Robin in Virginia said...

Your farmhouse is looking lovely, Lori. Your tulips are so pretty and I was going to ask what kind of 'water' container was inside your box.

Betty said...

Lovely tulips & stitching!

NMK said...

Your pretty tulips look so pretty ....and another pretty House you are working on .

Anonymous said...

Lori, I couldn't go to Lancaster for the hookin So I would like to know: Is the new Smart Punchneedle easier to use than the old blue one that took embroidery thread. What is the diffeence. I have a hard time keeping my loops the same height with the smaller punch needle.

Nancy Whitney
16903 Longfellow Ct.
Hagerstown, MD 21740
301-301-7224

nmwhitney@myactv.net gmail is nwhitney@gmail.net