Saturday, January 20, 2024

~ crochet-ing ~

 
 
 
 
 
 Good morning Friends & Folk ~
and a very happy but extremely COLD Saturday to us all!

I am hoping you are all keeping cozy, snugging up your homes with fires and baking...
and keeping your hands busy and warm!

I am doing just that...
oatmeal raisin cookies are baking, the woodstoves are piping and the kettle is steaming ~
and my hands are warmed by crocheting another granny scarf.

I went to Michael's yesterday and filled my buggy up with yarn
{they were having a BOGO 1/2 off sale}

this yarn below is what I chose to make my scarf...
Lion Brand - Wool Ease
80% acrylic
20% wool
in the color 'Coney Island'
the label called for a N-13 hook, but
~  I'm using an H hook since this is a super-bulky yarn
 
but just look at those colors!!
 

the variations in colors work up so nicely,
and because the yarn is so bulky my stitches are fast.

 
the beautiful granny square afghan on the back of my chair below,
~ was made by my friend Janice Wright

🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶 🧶


here are the other skeins that I purchased...
just a whole pile of happy yarn goodness just waiting to be turned into something fun!



wishing you a day filled with warmth in your heart
and creativity for your hands!!
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

7 comments:

Saundra said...

A few years ago I started knitting scarf, found it again, and tried to continue. Problem is arthritis in my fingers don't allow me to knit as before. Mostly it is the purl stitch that gives me problems. Seems they are more adapt to hooking with a ball hook now. Looking forward seeing your finish.

NMK said...

I was at Michael's yesterday ...darn , I wish I knew about this pretty yarn . I am trying to teach my 10 year old grand daughters how to crochet . I never learned how to , so right now we are just making nice long ropes to get our loops all the same size. They are having fun and sharing it with their friends ! Now to make a pretty scarf , they would be so excited !!! You are just so clever !!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Is there anything you can't do? You seem to do it all...and then some ;-)

Betty said...

Great haul and your day sounds so nice and cozy. Trying to find a good pumpkin bar recipe to warm up the house.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a craft of comfort.... Your scarf isg going to be lovely. Although dark is settling in now, I think I need to make some cookies yet tonight. Some days just need an extra measure of comfort. ~Robin~

Nancy said...

Oh, though I don't know how to crochet, I have fond memories of my sweet granddaughter, sitting in my lap learning to knit... All yarny handwerk is a blessing!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your scarf is looking fabulous, Lori. The granny afghan on the back of your chair is a beauty. I look forward to seeing what else your crochet hook is going to create with the other skeins of yarn. Stay warm!