Sunday, January 28, 2024

~ Slow Sunday Stitching ~

 
Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
and a happy Sunday to us all....
 
~ our  day will be a rainy one, 
with grey clouds and a bit of a chill in the damp air.

and on to Slow Stitching!
we all {mostly} know the concept of slow stitching...
methodical, mindful {or not} stitches made in small areas at a time using recycled,
old, new, used, worn fabrics and threads of all-sorts.

~  now this is something that excites me LOL ~

I do follow a few Instagram, Pinterest & Youtube accounts for slow stitching,
and I'll share them with you at the end of this posting, if you're so-inclined.

here are a few photos that I've borrowed from Pinterest,
showing some of my favorite projects that have been posted there:







and now for a few snaps of what I'll be working on today using Slow Stitch...



all I need to do is add thread!

~ I know it's not for everyone...
and to some it looks unfinished,
done by untrained hands,
'too' primitive or even messy.

but to me,
it is beautiful. poignant. intriguing...
easy but challenging and frees oneself from the constraints of perfection-ism.
nothing wrong with frayed edges and loose threads.
faded colors and age-spots and stains are fine.
wrinkles are perfect and show character.
 
each stitch taken should be mindful, carefully placed and thought upon.
stitch your feelings into your cloth and relax a while.

does Slow Stitching have to be pretty? nope.
is it supposed to make sense? only to you.
is there a right or wrong way to do it? I don't think so, you do you.

so give it a try.

gather your supplies:
a sewing basket or bag to keep your things in
{or better yet, MAKE a bag!}

sharp needle, blunt tipped needle, sharp scissors, chalk, pencil, frixion pen {heat erasable}
lots of threads and lots of fabric scraps.
and don't forget to include 
your imagination......

here are the links promised and I do hope you visit them:
 
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, can you tell me for your be my valentine what font did you use for the capitol letters? Very pretty

Rugs and Pugs said...

Somehow I believe your "slow stitching" is anything but slow...LOL!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Can't wait to see what your slow stitches make this go-round. I think it would do me well to do this as I have a tendency to be a bit too "precision-oriented" if you know what I mean. Enjoy your stitches. ~Robin~

Robin in Virginia said...

Slow stitching is a good way to reset yourself. Thank you for being an inspiration, Lori.

marly said...

Thanks Lori. I'll be checking those links tomorrow!

marly said...

Thanks Lori. I'll be checking those links tomorrow!