Wednesday, September 06, 2023

~ witch stitchery ~

 
a quiet morning, before the hot sun rises...
i gathered simple supplies and began stitching in the most humble way.
 

faint lines are drawn onto my ground cloth,
to act only as a guidance of-sorts
to keep my lettering somewhat straight.


but
this kind of stitching doesn't need perfectly straight lines, now does it?

welcome to the world of uncounted cross stitch...as I call it.
or primitive stitching, or slow stitching, or
whatever pleases you to call it by.


what's the difference in the photos above and below?
not much.
same cloth, same thread, same needle ~
even the same stitch.
but the witch stitchery below is of course,
counted cross stitch.


I made the framed sampler for me.
~ for once.
I've had this old old frame with wavy glass for eons
and have always wanted to put something in it to keep for
my very own self.

so i did.
wishing you all a beautiful day, filled with
peace, kindness and creativity.

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Your simple Witch Stitchery is so autumn-sweet, Lori...and did I ever tell you how beautifully you write?

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your uncounted stitchery is so precise it could pass for counted from what I see. Your littlest witch is precious and suits its frame perfectly. ~Robin~

Jan said...

I jut love the simple Witch Stitchery cross stitch that you made. It is so simple but yet speaks so much. Will this ever be released as a chart? Thanks. Jan

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitchery for yourself is precious, Lori. Stay cool!

Betty said...

This simple stitch is wonderfully spooky!