Monday, December 20, 2021

~ the quiet hours ~ a birthday ~ and what's in my hoops?

 
 
Hello Friends & Folk!
 
and a very happy Monday to us all...
~ can you believe it is December 20th?
 
it sure does go fast, doesn't it friends? 
... we turn around and a whole new year is upon us once again.
 
with 2020 being, um...what it was,
and 2021 being 'better', 
we are surely praying that 2022 
will bring more peace to our world, our families, our friends and our hearts.

the quiet hours of early morning usually find me contemplating my work, whether it is stitching or sketching or planning and new creative 'something'
...it is my favorite time of day when my humble farmhouse and I get to share the sunrise together, 
filling my tea cup and heart with warmth and stillness, if only for a short while.

Speaking of hearts,
our daughter Hannah celebrates her 27th trip around the sun today!
 
she is our heart, our soul and the love of our lives.
the joy she has brought us is unfathomable...
her kindness and caring for people, animals and her planet is limitless ~
her enthusiasm for life is as contagious as her laughter!
and we wish you the happiest birthday Hannah, 
our little 'Pumpkin'.

 
 
and on to my hoops...
I have many UFO's and WIP's from this past year,
 and even a few that have been tucked away from 2019/2020!!
 
I've brought two in particular out to work on again...
this one is called 
"Cross Stitcher's Syllabus" ~
 


I'm using one of my Hoop'n Tray Needlework Stands™
with the 6" hoop for this project ~



and this one is called
'Ever Humble'
and I'm using it in another Hoop'n Tray Needlework Stand ™
with the 8" hoop...





〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Being Monday,
household chores need to be done...
sweeping, dusting and laundry {always seems to be laundry!}
baking cookies is on the plan too.

then I can settle back down with my needle and thread and watch Christmas movies!
What's your favorite Christmas movie?
 
I can {and do!} watch my fav's over and over again while I stitch...

*National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
*A Christmas Story
*Elf
*White Christmas
*Holiday Inn
*It's a Wonderful Life
...just to name a few {lol}

Hoping your day is filled with love, joy and creativity!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lori! Love your stitcheries. I really miss seeing you and all the ladies. We are well and triple vaxed, but I'm just too afraid to mingle. Wishing you, Peter and Hannah a very Nery Christmas and blessings for the New year! HUGS and LOVE!!

NMK said...

Happy Birthday to your Beautiful Daughter !!! As always your samplers are just so pretty !!!
Love your list of Cmas favorites , another one of our favs is The Polar Express !!!! We Believe !!!

Happy stitching in your warm & cozy home !!!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

We watch A Christmas Story every year and The Shop Around the Corner every couple of years. Chevy Chase and the others in your list pop up too. Your daughter looks much like her mama! Happy Christmas week!

Lady Locust said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the blessing of family and friends and don't forget to save some of those cookies for yourself:-)

denise said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah! We have celebrated 2 birthdays this month. Mine on the 18th and my daughter's on the 10th. 🎄🎅

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hannah wears 27 so very beautifully. And, wow...she looks so very much like you!! That hair is gorgeous! Your stitches are wonderful...do finish for us!! The "Humble" one is especially captivating - something about houses I guess LOL. As for Christmas movies, I'm a sucker for the old kids' classics (Rudolf, the Grinch particularly) - as for non-cartoons, my very favorite is A Christmas Carol - and while I like most versions, my most favorite is the one with George C Scott...and absolute classic...and I really liked the one that came out a few years back s well. Didn't think I would, but I did. I also like It's a Wonderful Life, Silent Night, and the Santa Clause. Many more I am sure I've neglected. ~Robin~

Fran said...

A little late but Happy Birthday Hannah. She looks so much like her Momma.
My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol. I watch every version I can find. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a very Happy New Year.