Tuesday, December 21, 2021

~ Winter Solstice ~ A Blessed Yuletide!

 
 Happy 1st Day of Winter ~
the shortest day of the year...

a Blessed Yule!
a Merry Solstice to us all!!
 
How will you celebrate the changing season?

will you light candles?



will you take a walk in the woods?


 
will you bake a Yule Log?



or will you decorate your home with naturals and scents?




here are a few of my favorite paintings by various artists 
...some new, some from long ago...
 




However you choose to celebrate, 
may your heart be filled with the light of the new season!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

5 comments:

JustGail said...

Since my plans yesterday didn't come together, I hope to celebrate by getting DH's present.

I hope your Solstice is good, along with all the other holidays. And thank you for the free pattern a couple of weeks ago.

Lady Locust said...

Your painting choices are exquisite! I love each one. We are officially in "winter" now :-) A time for quiet hibernation.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Best Solstice Greetings Lori. Ahhhh, finally the days will begin to lengthen and lighten. Will I light a candle? Nary a day/night goes by without one lit...and there are always naturals bedecking these humble halls. As for that walk in the woods....I only can wish...the snow, wicked cold and blustery winds made that an most uninviting option. ~Robin~

NMK said...

What a beautiful post ....I have my phoney candles going & little white fairy lights scattered around my house ....all the regular lights are off after dinner & it just looks so pretty .
I do go for a nice long walk on a beautiful bike path near by . I see the same people most mornings & we wish each other a nice day . It feels so nice to get out in the crisp morning air , listen to the birds & plan my day .
Happy Winter Lori !!!

Fran said...

I for one love the darker winter days with candles lit and a warm fire in the ole wood cook stove. Time to stitch more and enjoy inside time in my cozy home.