Thursday, December 09, 2021

~ This, That & In-Betweens...OH! and a FREEBIE! ~

 
 
 Good Morning Friends & Folk!
and a very happy, albeit CHILLY Thursday to us all!

I see by a few of your postings on Social Media, 
~ that some of you have been blessed with a First Snow!
{I can hardly wait!}

This time of year for me, is a bit strange...the in-between of celebrating Thanksgiving, then the hustle-bustle of our Christmas Open House...
to the present, where I have a lull in my schedule and daily on-goings...
I've been in full steam ahead mode for weeks on end, and now I don't know what to do with myself!

I still have to put our tree up in this old farmhouse, set about other small & simple decorations,
& plan a Christmas eve menu
 {since mom is here with us this year, and Hannah & Tevin will be here too, 
I want to make it a bit more special}

Are you finished with your decorating? have you done anything different with your usual holiday decor?
I love seeing posts on Instagram and blogs of your warm & welcoming homes!

So as I mentioned above, this past weekend was our 1st Christmas Open House since 2019...
it was wonderful having so many friends come from near and far to visit with us ❤
 
I don't think we could have gotten through it though, 
without the help of our daughter Hannah, my mom
and my very best friends: 
♥ Janice, Anita, Sharon & Nancy ♥
 
I posted a few videos of the shop on Instagram if you'd like to have a virtual visit ~

the photo below shows Nancy & Anita working behind the counter, 
and Donna Rae & I in front of the counter:


 
Now, between getting our Etsy Shop holiday orders printed, processed,  packaged & shipped,
my attention is focused on my solace, my therapy & my love... 
STITCHING of course!

overthinking choosing thread colors {lol}, finding the perfect linen...
ahhhhh....fondling fibers. 
Setting cotton & silk to flax and linen really is something, isn't it?

 

 
 

 
 

...even Iggy lends a helping  hand   paw!
 

and that brings me to this,
a special little freebie I charted for you!
a token of Friendship and appreciation, for all of your kind support, patience and 
kind words throughout the years...
a little Winter tree!















When I charted this, I did so using 36ct Parchment linen from Weeks Dye Works
 
but, I'm stitching mine on 40ct "Murky" Newcastle from 
Picture This Plus
using the called for threads, which are good old DMC,
~  but of course, you choose what threads, linen and count you wish!

 
I'll be sharing my progress on my Instagram page {link above} as a new Stitch Along...
and if you're stitching it too, would love to have you link it with the 
#NFFWinterTreeSAL hashtag 
so I can follow your work & progress too!
 
 
and one last thing:
Our Shop & Studio here at the farm is now holding open hours 
on Friday's and Saturday's 
~ 10:00 - 4:00
 
Also, OPEN STUDIO time will now be once a month ONLY, 
on the THIRD Saturday of each month, from 11:00 - 3:00
If you have a group or guild of more than 3 people 
that would like to come to the Studio on our Open Studio days,
 kindly  message, call or email me to plan ahead ❤
 
enjoy the rest of your day my friends....
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

5 comments:

bakermac said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad to hear you're opening back up again! Cheers! And thank you for the beautiful tree pattern; just lovely.

Amy Gilley

NMK said...

This is a Beautiful gift Lori !!! I might just have to really try hard to stitch this beauty !!! I have a magnifying light , it tends to make my eyes cross , but this is just So Sweet !!! Thank you for this Cmas Gift !
What a special Cmas it will be for you having your Mother & your sweet daughter with her Love !!! Enjoy the calm & peacefulness !!! Have a Wonderful Christmas Season !!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

It must feel good to take a breath and, if not relax, at least focus a bit more on your holiday preparations. No, nothing new here...other than perhaps NOT doing a tree for the second year in a row. Long story.... but I have pulled out several of my other decorations. And heaven knows we have enough snow outside to make it a white Christmas...and another 6 or more inches predicted for tomorrow. Sweet little stitch...that's for the design!! I'll have to dig through my stash to see what I might have that would work. Your choice of Murky has me curious...would have never thought of that for Christmas (why I am NOT a designer LOL)....I recently did a patriotic design on it and loved it but, if I recall, had a bloody time tracking it down. Linen is an endangered species of late. ~Robin~

Ruth B. said...

Thank You for the awesome pattern for Christmas!
Please share what your fabric holder is… do you love it? Thank you!

Claire said...

Thank you so much, Lori. Merry Christmas!