Tuesday, February 19, 2019

~ Remembering ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!
and a happy Tuesday to you all...
the weather-folk are predicting some falling 'stuff' for us this evening 
and in to tomorrow night ~ a mix of snow/sleet & rain.

~ we'll make sure to have candles at the ready and plenty of wood for the stoves, 
in case we lose power...
it won't bother me a bit to have to stay home due to bad weather ~
that just means more time to stitch!

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Some of you might remember this:
it was back in 2015 that I designed my stitched cuff bracelet...
 it reads:
"I Stitch therefore I am remembered"



"I Stitch" pattern for cross stitched bracelet available in our Etsy shop
  I have been wanting to create more designs for cuffs, 
but these will be embroidered, of course!

here is the first one in progress...
~ Strawberry Cuff ~ 


I'm stitching this on good old stained Osnaburg {cupboard cloth}
using Valdani 3 strand variegated cotton floss, 
~ which I am doubling to make 6 strands...
 

split stitch and stem stitches used so far ~
stems are stem stitch, the rest is split
not sure what the flowers will be yet, perhaps satin stitch or...?
 


since staying home while I am under treatment for my
Actinic Keratosis and using fluorouracin,
I have been getting lots of stitching done...
here is my nose today, day #8 of treatment:


keeping my mind and hands busy 
~ to keep me from thinking about my nose lol!
 
So tell me what is in your sewing basket today??

 ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂ ✂

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

9 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You're such a beauty...red nose and all. I am loving your new project....your embroidery is amazing. I did just a little years and years ago (may have even been another lifetime LOL), but I don't remember the stitches anymore. It is something I would like to do again seeing your amazing creations. We are bracing for another dumping of snow tomorrow (as if 39" last week weren't enough), so I am hoping to work on a little heart project I started (still not over the heart thing yet....) Stay warm and cozy.... Robin

Jan Hebert said...

Cute stitches, Lori. I hope your treatment goes by fast and you can get back to normal. I'm dealing with a muscle problem in my leg, thinking it might be time to go have it looked at. Not getting any better. I am making curtains for a good friend at the moment. I have two or three small pieces to finish, one is your little cat "Hester". She is my favorite. I just don't know the process to make it into a little pillow. Do you hand stitch the linen onto the back or machine stitch. In order to use walnut shells, do you have to line the pillow as well? So many questions! Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to do this? Jan in Topsfield

Jane said...

Both of us are down with NASTY head colds! We have wood gathered for our woodstove, too. I'm finishing up a nesting hen hooked piece. Will be posting on FB, soon. Hope you will soon be feeling much better!!
Hugs!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lovely stitching...you are amazing with a needle! Get yourself a cute hat...or half a dozen...and wear it when you are out and about. I wear a hat all the time to protect from the hot Florida sun. It works! Take it easy so you can heal...and drink lots of water...it's good for everything!
Robyn

NMK said...

It is kind of nice that these annoying health flair ups occur during the winter when the weather is cold, wet & miserable to be outside in . I hope your little nose will be all healed by the time we finally have nice warm Spring days !!I am on week 6 of non weight bearing on my foot , my scooter & big ole boot are no longer my friends ! I hope this week I hear I can begin to toss that damn scooter away & kick off that boot !!!! Thank goodness I have had some of your wonderful hooking & punching patterns to keep me busy & happy ! Your stitched bracelets are such a pretty idea , you are just so clever & talented !!! Always fun to see what you are creating next !!!

marly said...

It looks painful Lori, I hope it is tolerable and will be back to normal soon.

elaine allerton said...

Your stitchery is beautiful, ,,,
More nasty weather comes here late today and into thursday!
Ice and snow,,, again!
Not been a great winter,,, but , as you,,, I love to stay by the fire,, and hook, punch, knit,,, so content ,,,,
Hope ur nose heals well after the treatments!
Enough is enough,,,
Take care,,,

Susie H said...

My mother had to use that fluor..... medicine too. She said it didn't hurt but it sure hurt us to look at it! Lol! Hopefully this does the trick for you and it doesn't return.

Your cuffs are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what else you create! I've been working on a quilt for my 1st grandson's arrival in May as well as a little cross-stitch project.

I live in southern IL & looked out my window this morning and saw snow on the ground and ice on my screens. Ugh! The dog still wants to go for her walk so away we'll go!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope healing is swift after the treatments are completed.
Sweet stitching as always!