Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Soggy Tuesday Musings ~

April showers are back…
we had three glorious days of sunshine & warm temps.
I even cut the grass for the first time this year!

Daisy & Pinocchio look like they're waiting for something,
don't they?



...or in this case, some 'one' ~




these two are like big kittens in my sweet hubby's hands ~
they love him ~ he loves them.




uh-oh
{{guess I got caught snapping…}}

...hi honey!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...with all the work still that I have to do for this weekend's upcoming VA Rugfest,
I have been taking breaks from punching & hooking
to peruse these:

my new issues of
~ Romantic Homes & Jeanne d'Arc Living ~
...yes, I love them.

I have tired of the darker primitive look that I've kept for so very long
 and have been slowly changing things over to more lighter & more farmhouse/vintage-inspired.

I am loving this journey 
and love even more how this old farmhouse shines 
...with fresher, simpler things ~

this current issue of Jeanne d'Arc is drool-worthy!!
AND it features the home of one of my very favorite blog writer ~

if you get a moment, check out her blog…
and click on the translate button!!




and here is my progress on the Rabbit Rug ~
you know, the one I'm hooking with those hand dyed velvets added-in?

the larger, more dark-colored spot on his side is the velvet…
the rest is wool.

I'm liking it so far,
but I reverse-hooked the border and outline
 three times before deciding on the pale blue wool…

his little tail is hand spun sheep's wool 
and I have to add the green carrot-top yet too ;)

yes, those are my slippers ~ it was early.
*yawn*



as soon as I get this finished {today} 
then I will get back to punching the 4th design in my Farmhouse Chores series ~

lots to do!!! 
busy as a bumbler-bee here and I wouldn't have it any other way ~

Have a beautifully-creative day my friends!!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

2 comments:

lms said...

lori.....those three guys in your first pictures are just beautiful.....you can feel the love right thru the pictures.....we got your sunshine today here for a few days.....we are changing all our outdoor lights.....all 8 of them....hope i like the new ones that hubby and i could agree on....lol...have a great day

Julia said...

I do love your D&P and your husband is a doll.
I also did some redecorating when I inherited
my mother's more formal and oriental style
things. I wasn't about to give up my heritage
so I had to make it all work together in a
smaller place. I really like the new blogsite.
Thanks, Julia PS: I finished my first little
rug!