Thursday, March 27, 2014

Decisions, decisions ~

Thanks so much 
to all who have commented or emailed me 
about the sunflower purse!
...it will be a full-size pattern, with leaf template too ~

I think I will go with a long shoulder strap
to wear across the chest so the purse rests on my hip…

I'll make it from the same linen as the backing/lining too ~ just simple and coordinating.

as I was thinking about the strap,
I kept looking at the sunflower and thought it needed 'something' ~
so I whipped-up this honeybee pin.

he is needle felted hand dyed wool roving….


bzzzzzzzzzzz
 he's a big guy, 
reminds me of our huge Bell's Hornets that we have here in our woods!




I think he adds to the purse, don't you?



so after I decided that I would indeed make that long shoulder strap from the linen,
I was then pondering what to use to attach the strap to the purse….

I collect many things and so one item came to mind…
but I thought I only had one of them ~
to my pleasant surprise, I indeed had a pair:

Antique Cut Steel Shoe Buckles!!


ohhhhhh!

 aren't they beautiful?
and they already have small holes drilled in them 
...for my sewing needle & thread to pass through…
Yay!




I'll use one on each side, 
and connect the strap to them….
perfect.


almost finished!
 I will be sure to share snaps when I'm finished completely :)




Today will be spent processing orders and shipping them, 
then onto banking and a run to the market…

at least the sun is shining and our 8" of white-stuff has melted away!
(that's one good thing about Virginia snow storms: they don't last that long)

the rest of this week and next
I will be busy preparing for the

so the shop will be CLOSED on 
April 4th & 5th…

...we will be open here this Saturday :)


Have a *Sparkling* day my Friends!

* Blessed be * 
Lori