Tuesday, February 02, 2010

{ UFO's & WIP's }

well it's sleeting outside now.
...I have been house-bound since sunday afternoon.
it's a good thing I can keep myself busy!
all of the Unfinished Objects & Works-in-Progress
here will keep me busy for years to come!

above you can see some of the 'almost finished' projects
that will accompany me to the show this weekend....
they have yet to be turned into pillows, their hems turned back, etc...

and I'm working yet on more things:
cross stitched pockets and pincushions,
needlefelted bird's nest pins
and who-knows-what-else...
HOPING that the weather will cooperate for us this weekend and even ALLOW us to
get to the show...hoping it won't be cancelled becasue they are predicting another storm to come for friday the 5th....
UGH.
~and~
since I've not been able to get anywhere,
I haven't been able to ship the new patterns yet, so
PLEASE
be patient with me...
I'm about ready to take the sled & hitch up Pinnochio and Dasiy, to get me outta here!
LOL!
I have pot of Hot Dog Stew on the woodstove today...
what?
you've never heard of Hot Dog Stew?
{ my Mom made this for us back when we were little & money was extremely tight}
here's the recipe:

1 package chicken franks (cut into coin-shaped pieces)
2 potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 clove crushed garlic
4 cups water
salt and/or ground pepper to taste

in a soup pot, place all of the ingredients.
cover & simmer slowly for a couple of hours...
don't let it boil, your potatoes will disintegrate!!
serve piping hot with saltine crackers or a loaf of crusty bread...
YUM!
Hoping you all have a day filled with warm thoughts & warm hearts!
Blessed be~
Lori

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Fantastic photo, but I really love that cat!

Robin said...

The works are fantastic, but I have never heard of hotdog stew. I really love your rabbit. Stay warm, love you.

Audrey said...

Your work is amazing!!!! hope you have a great time at the show. Hot dog stew?? never tried it but sounds good. I am sure it is a comfort food from your childhood. What's better on a cold snowy day.

Ranae said...

These designs are so cool.
I do hope you show us the finishes you decide on.
Love em'

Cindy said...

LOVE that cat! But of course all of it is awesome!
Hotdog stew? Hmmm...I think I'll stick to a hotdog charred on an open fire! That's about the only way I care for a hotdog anymore!
Good luck getting to your show this weekend!! Stay warm!!

primitivebettys said...

Awesome projects! They always are when they are from your creative hands. :) Thanks for sharing!

Hmmm hotdog stew eh? I've got a few boys that might really dig that!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your projects are gorgeous. I can't wait to see them completely finished. I hope it all works out this weekend!

VickieV said...

BRRR! I just can't imagine what it's like up where you are. I've lived in Florida since I came over to the States from Cuba many years ago and have never seen snow! I suppose I'm deprived! LOL! I'd love to spend a white Christmas somewhere sometime.

Thanks for the yummy recipe! It sounds delicious.

VickieV said...

Sorry! Forgot to mention your projects are wonderful and I also love that cat!

janeu729 said...

Love your pieces- an inspiration as always!! I think I'd go nuts without my stitchery. I've got to finish some projects, too. My next piece will be something Spring-y.

Simply Wendy said...

Geez Louise, Lori, how I wish I could be at your show!! Your things are always wonderful, magickal and "true" folk art/primitive! Love ya, girlfriend! -Wendy