Join us for our 2024 Halloween Open House & Stitch In October 5th ~ 10:00 - 4:00

Join us for our 2024 Halloween Open House & Stitch In    October 5th ~ 10:00 - 4:00
~ Our Pre-Registered STITCH IN is FULL ~ BUT there's plenty of sweet & spooky things to see and shop for!

Monday, November 06, 2023

~ a bit of hooking ~


Good Morning Friends & Folk ~

Monday, monday....
and another start to our week.

this morning started out chilly again, but the sun is warming it up.
{my brain started out sleepy again, but my tea is waking it up.}

~ I wanted to share my latest little rug hooking project with ya'll,
and I will...but first, I was reading Sandra's blog
{https://woodlandjunction.blogspot.com/}
and I spotted a rug that she is showing that has hands in the corners,
with flowers and a deer{buck} in the center...
it reminded me so much of this little hooked mat that I have!

mine is old old
...hooked on burlap with wools and stockings...
I rescued it from a dusty antiques mall somewhere here in Virginia:

Go read Saundra's blog, as she tells her thoughts
on these old rugs she kindly shares with us in her occasional blogger 'rug shows'



and here is my little rug, in case you missed it on FB and/or IG


I hooked it with a number 7 cut { 7/32"}
I wanted a winter-y atmosphere so I chose somewhat neutral wools....


...and kept the motifs very naive and plain.
don't you love the chimney smoke?

I placed it down inside this wooden box/frame that I had,
and I LOVE the look.

you can bet your buttons I'll be making more like this!




I'll be working on tiny Santa's today...
he's been in my thoughts for a week -or-so, and he needs to get out now.
I'll share my progress on him {them?} tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day my sweet friends...
be safe, love one another and keep creating.

Blessings from the Farm
~ Lori

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your old hand mat is wonderful! Thank you for sharing - and I'm certain Saundra will be grateful you did too. Love your sweet hooked house. I can see a seasonal series of these....So fun! ~Robin~

NMK said...

What wonderful old hooked rug you found ....what a cute idea to hook your own hand or a grand childs hand print !
Love your Sweet House !!!!And the frame & your super cute Feather Trees !!!

Nancy said...

Oh, your little double chimneyed house is so homey and sweet, the smoke puffing proof of life within! And your "frame" brilliant! Very November!

Betty said...

What a sweet find your mat was. The colors in it are still so vibrant. Love your cozy winter house.