Sunday, August 14, 2022

~ week in {partial} review ~

 
 Hello Friends & Folk!
Happy SUNday to us all ~

oh the temps have fallen and the humidity has lifted a bit these past few days
 what a blessing!

~ finally able to throw open these old windows 
and let the nitrogen-rich, fresh air
into this old farmhouse...

just posting a recap of some of the postings I put on Instagram & Facebook,
for those that aren't on social media:

our sunflowers have reached new heights!
but, there are some that are already spent and going to seed...
Peter has harvested the heads and is drying them so we have plenty to sow next year :)
 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I've been busy in my sewing room, working on finished goods for our
HALLOWEEN OPEN HOUSE here at the Shop on Saturday, October 1st 2022.

I made two little velvet-head Pumpkin Folk dolls...{I will be making more}
they turned out so sweet!
I did something I almost never do though...
I actually kept the pattern so that I "may" offer it to those who might want to stitch their own.



♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I also made heart-shaped ornaments from hand dyed Osnaburg from Fiber on a Whim ~
and appliqued a potted sunflower using some of the scraps from my fabric basket...




❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I made a basket-full of black sock cats too!
their faces crack me up ~ each one has a different purrrr-sonality ~
(see what I did there? lol)

 

✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂

Oh! we just received a huge order of fabrics
and I spent the majority of Friday cutting and folding into fat quarters ~
don't you love how they look in our old Post Office Box?
this actually was the official Post Office box from Norwood, VA.



 well I'm off to enjoy my Sunday afternoon ~
I have more things to finish, and many more to start!

Wishing you all a creative and peaceful day my sweet friends 🖤
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

No comments: