Wednesday, August 17, 2022

~ Fall-ing & Studio Time ~

Hello Friends & Folk!
and a very Happy Wednesday to us all ~

these past few days have me literally dreaming, wishing and falling...
for Autumn!

the cooler undercurrent in the breeze
the yellow-ing of leaves
the ripening of the last few tomatoes on the vines





creating needful-things in my sewing room, watching the crows out in the field
and the squirrels at the woodline keep me chuckling to myself as I stitch finished goods for our upcoming
Hallowe'en Open House
{October1st here in the Shop & Studio}



I've been staining ground cloth {osnaburg} for my stitcheries and embroidery,
hauling out the 'big pot' and stoking the fire-pit...
the woodsmoke teases my memories of past-times and previous late-summer dyeing sessions.



I'm noticing the days growing shorter, and the slant of the sun seems to have begun changing again ~
making for wonderful shadowplay and perfect for early evening candle-light.




a Friendly Reminder:
this Saturday is our Open Studio from 10-4:00

come on in for a visit, sit and stitch a bit with me...
I'll have refreshments, but if you'd like you can bring a lunch!

let me know if you're coming, I'll save a spot for you.....
{notforgottenfarmwitch@gmail.com}


Blessings from the Farm
~ Lori

No comments: