Saturday, October 23, 2021

~ October Musings ~

 Hello Friends & Folk!
it surely has been a while since I've posted here...

~ seems like my days have grown much much busier and so much shorter.
Since my mother moved in with us, there have been many changes to everyone's schedules!

Waking up, each day is ground hog day LOL ~ the days/weeks/months just FLY by!
but it's all good...

aside from my regular designing and stitching models,
I'm getting things ready for the PSS {Prim Stitchers Society} Fall Retreat!!

I cannot wait to see my stitching friends again, it's been way too long!
this has always been my very favorite stitcher's retreat...
the members of the Primitive Stitcher's Society 
are such a fun-loving, sharing, giving and sweet group!


I hope to see lots of shoppers at the Merchant Mall!!
I've visited Asheville, NC a few times...a beautiful town and such friendly folks ~
{{ cant wait to shop for myself too! }}
 
I'm also in the midst of clearing out/cleaning up my sewing room here in this old farmhouse.
I refuse to show photos until it is finished!
 there are just so many things that I no longer want/need...
too many craft supplies that I will donate, that I just do not use any longer...
anyone else know that feeling?? 
;)
 
simplifying my home and life seems to be the best therapy for myself right now, 
 ~ as being a caregiver can be extremely stressful.
 
I'm hoping to take the time...no...MAKE the time to find myself back here blogging more regularly.
 
I miss it. I miss me.
I miss you!


Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

9 comments:

Saundra said...

Yes I know the feeling of having too many craft items I no longer use or want. I've had so many interests: basket making (yes have a container full of reed, handles, cording, etc), sewing (have gotten rid of hundreds of yards of fabric and still have some left), knitting (have a box of Icelandic lopi I haven't been able to sell), half-made dolls that I no longer have interest in finishing, doll patterns, stitchery patterns.... you get the idea.

While I've gotten rid of some stuff it is overwhelming each time I think about starting the downsizing process again. And you have the burden of being a caregiver on your plate too. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Robin in Virginia said...

Sounds like you have been busy, Lori! Hope you have a wonderful time at the PSS retreat in November. Enjoy your weekend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

And WE'VE missed you Lori! So good to see a post finally post up from you. And, yeah...I know all about that "stuff I no longer use/need" and "simplifying" things...just have managed real well to apply it. ~Robin~

Sandy the yankee said...

I miss you as well! You are such a talented person and inspire all of us to strive for the best we can be, especially now when some days are better than others, Thank you...My best to your mom...

Jennifer M said...

Hi Lori, I think of you so often. Check your blog often thinking I've missed something. Wish that retreat was an option for me:( Enjoy it! Miss you and will look forward to more blogging when you're able.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Great to see you post. Caregiving is a gift and a sacrifice. glad you get to enjoy seeing PSS again

NMK said...

So nice to visit your blog today !!!! I have missed your posts too , but enjoy your Instagram posts a lot . Oh being together with your very creative stitching friends at a show will be so much fun & wonderful !!! Being a full time caregiver is exhausting , but you still manage to find time to be creative & relax by stitching . Thank goodness you find time for yourself during the day . Your Mom would want you to continue to do the handwork you enjoy so much & must Love seeing the pretty things you create . Take care Lori & have a Wonderful time at the show !!!

denise said...

We miss you ,too

Lady Locust said...

Do take care of yourself 💕. I think I know what you mean. I donated 3 carloads full! Trunk, back seat and passenger seat full of fabric, then moved onto the extras. I still have too much but can now be selective and am still parting with things but on a smaller more focused level. It does bring about a kind of peace I hope you find also. Glad you’re well ~