Sunday, June 28, 2020

~ Sunday Morning Musings ~



Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
a very hot & humid Sunday, but hey, it's another new day isn't it?

remember to take time for yourself today ~
paint something, stitch something, work in your garden....
soothe your mind & soul.
🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮🝮

a morning walk-about to check my wild gardens...
The black eyes susan's are escaping!

i love when they mix with the queen anne's lace....

 {{ for those who might not know the difference between queen anne's lace and wild white yarrow:}}
THIS is wild white yarrow:



and THIS is queen anne's lace

this is called 'rabbit's foot clover, or hare's foot clover...
i have recently found it growing ALL over the place {Nancy b.!!}

a sleeping lightening bug {firefly}

a common garden snail ~ snoozing


oh! hello.

yesterday i started and finished this tiny sampler...
stitched over one on some old linen I have {me thinks it to be 32ct?}
of course this will be framed under glass {by my resident woodworker/hubby}
and hung on the wall of my dollhouse {#Maryblacksdollhouse}
 


then last night, i started to needlepunch a 'rug' that will be hung above the mantle
 {also in the works by said woodworker/hubby} 
the design is of my beloved Suzy ~ 
{who Miss Mary Black loved as much as I}
I'll finish this today and perhaps begin on some curtains?
∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭∭


a peek inside...

as Mary loves the birds as much as I do, 
I hung a small birdhouse outside her bedroom
so she can enjoy their chittering and song ~

{notice the bed is gone? I am making a wire bedframe for the handmade ticking mattress I made}
 also added a small pincushion and a quartz crystal on top of her trunk...



and this photo below shows just where in our old farmhouse,
Miss Mary Black's dollhouse is...
right above my favorite spinning-wheelin our Keeping Room off the kitchen ~




I hope you will follow along on our journey
 of creating tiny-things 
for Mary ~ 
 we can't wait to show you what's next!
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿
Keep Creating ~ It's the Joy of Life


 

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the dollhouse project you have going! And the photos are awesome. I hope to see your place someday!

Donna said...

Oh how I am enjoying your "little" project. The photos of your flowers are beautiful and I am especially fond of the leaf with the snail.
I am happily following on Instagram. Craftymem.

NMK said...

Just Love every little detail in your precious doll house , how lucky Mzz Mary Black is to have such a special home !!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh how I love your littles! I must have missed a post or two or more as this is the first I am seeing of Miss Mary's house. It looks enchanting...I am especially enamored of the punch portrait of Suzy! ~Robin~