Thursday, October 17, 2019

~ Good Things ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!
a very happy Thursday to you all ~

Isn't this mid-October weather fabulous? 
well, it is here in beautiful old Virginia!

2 days in a row I have been wearing 
socks and long pants and a long sleeved shirt ~ seems weird not to be barefoot!

So ~
I have been stitching on models...
are you like me and have so many project bags for your WIPS?

I love this one...
it is from my talented friend Vitoria Gable at
 Stitch N Button <---click br="" here="">

I love sugar skulls and anything Dia de los Muertos 
and just had to keep this one for myself!


I mean just look at the quality and detail...
and that zipper pull is to DIE for {pun intended}
💀

here is the lining fabric
 seen through the heavy vinyl front: 


and here is the back!
🌼 ♥ 🌺 ♥ 🏵 ♥ 💮 ♥ 🏵 ♥ 🌺 ♥ 🌼

I am almost finished with this cross stitch design..
I named it 'Indian Summer' when I designed it in August,
so the name is staying even though I will be releasing it in a few days!

my gorgeous scissor fob also came from Vicki ~
there are so many cool things in her Etsy shop...
fobs....scissors....needle minders....project bags!


I have to finish this corn, 
one more corn cob and one more pumpkin on this.
I'm stitching it on my 30ct. Old Farmhouse Linen
using 2 strands of DMC threads over 2 threads of linen ~


 I like to switch between two of my favorite antique hoops when I work,
it helps the linen to keep from getting too marked by the hoops.

That's it for today!
what are you working on?
stitching? punching? hooking?
beading? embroidery?

there is so much creativity in each of us...
hoping you use a little bit of yours today!

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

6 comments:

NMK said...

Love the Turkey !!!! I agree , it feels nice to wear long pants, a sweater & cozy socks !!!

Kathy B said...

Ooooooooo

Prims By The Water said...

Love your Indian Summer creation! Am hooking currently. Janice

Penny said...

❤️❤️❤️!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Will the shop be open tomorrow?....for a new beginner? Looking to purchase something to start on in applique and some tools.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Dear Unknown ~ Shop will be OPEN from 10:00 - 4:00 ~ we are holding a private class in the Studio, but I can help you with anything you need me too :)