Monday, August 26, 2019

~ Stitches, Witches & Late Summer Gardens ~


oh my stars...
the temps here in Virginia this morning are heavenly!

...cool, dry & breezy ~ 
all of my wind-chimes are gently tinkling on the wind
~ letting me know that changes will come soon to our gardens.

I have been enjoying my stitching outside on the patio lately,
before the last hot breath of late-Summer returns for her last performance.

linen. scissors. thread & needle
all I need these days to keep my hands busy and my soul nourished...

my dear witches come to life while plying my needle ~
shall her skirt be orange & gray?



curled-toes and a pumpkin scissors fob
 visit my friend Victoria Gable's Etsy Shop for scissors fobs, 
needle minders and all kinds of stitching goodes:


taking breaks from all of those akimbo-stitches
to say hello to my flower and fauna friends:


good morning glories!

hello hibiscus!

loverly loriope!

tea roses & garden spiders!

my beautiful Lady on her silken throne ~

black eyed suzy's make me smile ~

my very 1st moonflower!
 ...and now back to stitching ~
can you see how I am not even following the grain of my linen?
kindly look at the jack o lantern below ~ 
...my stitches are purposely side-ways instead of stitched on the weave.
and I love it like that.


the project below was begun, 
then put aside ~ because I feel my thread choices 
to be more for Winter instead of Autumn ~ 

'She' will wait patiently until the colder winds begin to blow 
~ and there are no more leaves left on the old black walnut trees.



Join us in our journey of learning to cross-stitch without constraints ~
make school-girl inspired samplers without rules, 
choose creative joy over counting those x-stitches 
and embrace each one of our purposeful mistakes!

to join click HERE 




Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

I am so loving your new group on FB! It's so nice just to be able to stitch as your heart desires! I love your witch! She is adorable. Thanks for all you do in the stitching community, Lori! It is truly inspiring and has encourage others to challenge their own creativity!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for the garden walkabout! Love the hints of Halloween and the uncounted stitches :)

Three Sheep Studio said...

I’m in love with those skinny little arms !
Beautiful witch and her beloved pumpkin.
Rose

Mugwump Woolies said...

Such a nice little witch!
Robyn

NMK said...

I Love this Witchy Poo !!! And your wonderful stitches are perfect !!!! And your pretty gardens !

woollabeast said...

Fun catching up with you again Ms. Lori and your beautiful gardens. This UNcounted & UNruled Xstitched witch is too adorable with her *MaGicAL* pumpkin ~~ so inspiring and makes me want to X-stitch again! ~♥~ Thanks for sharing your talents, kindness & creative *J-O-Y*!!

Running with a sharp pencil said...

You are so talented! This is so very charming! I want to try my hand at this but how many threads and what linen do you recommend?