Wednesday, August 21, 2019

~ New FB Group ~ New Video Tutorial ~


 Hey Howdy Friends & Folkj!
I have created a new Facebook Group and actually have RENAMED it as: 
the Uncounted Cross Stitch Group
{with the unofficial definition as: the unconventional, uncounted, freehand or freestyle cross stitching group...not necessarily meant for those who count stitches, but for those who want to stitch early styled & inspired samplers, WITHOUT counting their stitches....


so, 
this is not a group for those of us who purchase charts from designers 
and use graphs to create an already designed project
....on the contrary ~
this is a group for folks who love early and primitive styeld and executed samplers 
in the early, untrained school-girl style...
uncounted & uninhibited
with wonky, uneven, crudely miss-stitched, 
not quite cross stitched but definitely not back-stitched
{kindly refer to the 1990's} execution.

I have uploaded a video to the group, 
sharing my crash-course basics for those who would like to replicate this style...
here is the link to request to join the group, where you can watch the video  
~ and perhaps connect with like-minded stitching folk ...

I would like to add this:
I love to share what I do with you all...
I have no problem doing so.
the only problem I seem to run into is 
persons that like to berate me for my techniques 
and disagree with how I do things ~
and to them I say:
Hey ~
thanks for your input.
if my way of doing things does not suit you,
kindly move along...
no need to chastise me for anything. 
you may be more 'schooled' than I am, and if so ~ 
then perhaps you should upload a tutorial on how you do things
 instead of being negative about what I'm trying to share with friends?
not trying to be ugly, just want everyone to be happy ~
and if I can spread a little happiness in your day,
well then my heart is full-enough.
I can only wish for you
that your heart be full-enough as well.
xoxoxox

so here is the link to my new group, with the new name ~
if you're so onclined to visit, then kindly let me know...

and I am always wishing you & yours 
love & light & happiness in creating ~

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

9 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori...you are indeed a "spreader of happiness"! Often, when folks put in their two cents worth, it is worth exactly that. Keep sowing those seeds of happiness and sharing your gifts...and have a wonderful day!
Robyn xo

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounds like the "police" are out again. Why do people feel it necessary to ruin or damper the happiness of others? I wish you much success with your new group, Lori. Maybe one day, I will jump on the FB wagon.

LaNelle said...

Wonderful Lori! Thanks for sharing your time & talents with all who love needle art♥️

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Very well spoken to the nay-sayers. Good luck with this group. Not on Facebook so I will pass but hope you share a photo every now and again here.

NMK said...

Oh my gosh !!!!! I am so sick of people that just have to spoil your day by their negativity. My Grandmother always said " If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all !"
Your work and kindness to share is a very special trait & I just enjoy seeing all your wonderful creative juices come up with the neatest , primitive ideas !!! I look forward to all of your posts and just wish I had more time to spend making your wonderful pieces and long to visit your beautiful farm & shop one day !!!
Thank you for putting a smile on my face when I see your wonderful handwork !!!

Chrie said...

Lori, you are so gracious in sharing your tutorials with all of us...some people are just naturally negative, please don't let any of them bother you...they have a problem....the rest of us enjoy all of your posts as well as your informative tutorials (especially like your punch needle lessons)...my only problem is that Virginia is so far away from me...how I would love to drop by on a Saturday stitching day!

marian said...

Hi Lori, just wanted to say a BIG thank-you for creating the uncounted x-stitch FB group. I have always loved your style... it's fun, it's prim... it's right up my alley... you're an inspiration!! hugs xx Marian

Eileen said...

Thanks Lori this looks interesting

Gail Holland said...

I have only just come across your work and think it’s amazing!! I have requested to join the FB group too xx