Thursday, February 21, 2019

~ Stir Crazy and STUFF ~

....or shall I name this posting:
"Stitch Crazy"?
because that's more like what I am lately...

I haven't been out of the house, 
{{ off the compound so-to-speak }}
for 10 days!

no trips to the store, no post office drop-offs.
{by me anyways - my dear hubby has been handling all of that for us} 
since I have been looking like ~ Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

I am at day #10 of treatment and cannot believe how sore my nose is!
a blowtorch would have been a quicker way to do this, me thinks {just kidding of course}.

Anyhoo ~
those that follow me see that I create every day.
Every. Single. Day.
and as I have said numerous times before;
 my needle, thread and hoop are soothing therapy for me...

10 days at home gets me into lots of places in my head where I want to be,
 and some I can't get away from ~ so I try to keep to my Sewing Room
and root through my overflowing baskets. boxes & totes of STUFF
like a wild, red-nosed truffle-pig looking for some elusive treasure that I didn't know I needed.

I never know what I will find in my vast collections of thread, fabric, textiles & trims!

S.T.U.F.F. :

• Something Unidentifiable Filed away for the Future

Scraps and Trims saved for Uncanny Flights of creative Fancy

Several Totally Useless Fibers and Fripperies

Save That Until Feeling creatively Fabulous

Shove Tug & Unravel all of that Fantastic Fiber

Some Totally Useless stuff Forever Flowing

{yes, I made all of those up ~ remember the Stir Crazy bit?}



So my sewing room is on it's ...um...ear.
and I don't care one snippet.
 I find it very freeing to be messy {creatively} in this, 
... MY room.
I can leave it, or tidy it up ~ it is my space...


today I have no shame in my game!
 ha!
no guilty thoughts about it.
 

when choosing an area rug for my room,
I knew it should be bold and colorful...
oh, and floral!
but most importantly, 
it should hide well, any thread tails or wool scrap ~
while morphing these into itself to become a whole new type of carpet to tickle my toes upon.


so 
Dust Bunny's ~ do your thing...
Wool Worms, you may procreate & multiply with glee and abandon!
Threads and Fluff & Fabric; you have permission to creep out of your containers.
~ I will not interrupt your process of creating ~
 

Then...soon and
 once again, I will clean it up and begin the whole routine over again ~ 


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

4 comments:

NMK said...

Lori ….looks like you are really having fun while being homebound too !!! Who cares about dust bunnies, threads & wool snippets all over !!! It is freeing !!! I just saw my Dr & I am free to walk in my boot & gradually walk with out it & the Dam Scooter is History !!!! I will miss sitting all day long hooking & punching though.....it was fun & relaxing . Now I have to dust & clean the house & get things back in place …..so enjoy your pretty farm house & create like crazy !!!!

Krissy B. said...

Laughing all the way through. The compound? Too funny. I think you should make signs that say The Compound. There are many of us who could utilize it. Sorry you are hurting. I don't like that at all. Soon this will be a bad memory but until then know that we are going through this with you and we all pray for it to be over quickly. Love your creative space. I want to play in there some day.

Jane said...

Both of us have been SOOOO sick, this week! My hooking has been the best therapy. I took some time to tidy up my creative space and scrounged out 2 baskets for the frames of my next projects.
Love seeing your space and hope your "blow torch" nose feels better soon!
Hugs!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOL....love the STUFF acronyms...but your “stuff” is still tidier than my “stuff”....mine is probably more akin to that “Cluster Stuff” ;-) How I would love to come and play in your room.... We are about to be homebound again with the latest rounds of storms coming in. I must say, I have never been happier for my love of fiber arts than this winter.... Hope the days pass quickly for you as far as the healing goes. Robin