Friday, October 05, 2018

~ Friday Morning Musings ~

 Hello Friends & Folk ~
and...
it's Friday again! 

I wanted to let you all know that our Farm Shop & Studio will be 
C L O S E D 
tomorrow, Saturday October 6th ~ 
while we are working on finishing the Studio :)
{our Etsy Shop is always open!}


if you follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook,
you'll see that I have been flitting around from one type of needlework project to the next...
but ~
- it's still too hot for me to hook or work with wool -
- my hands bother me too much to punch at the moment -
- and my eyes aren't quite ready for counted cross stitching again...
so embroidery it is!
{but you already knew that, didn't you?}
 

my Belsnickle is coming along, 
with only a few more holly leaves to work in split and satin stitches...
 


then it will be on to the berries...
should they be traditional red? or white? or both?
or perhaps I should stitch them like tiny peppermint candies 
and call this body of work Peppermint Pig! 
{Hmmmmmmmm....I like that!}


the large blank area to the left of said pig and belsnickle
is where I might add some lettering...or not.
any suggestions?
 

our Nandina berry bushes are full of berries this year...
and I love their red and green leaves before turning blazing red in the winter ~
 

Please don't forget that we are CLOSED tomorrow ~ 
you wouldn't want to run into me when I am in my work clothes
 and swinging a hammer or covered in taping compound!

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

3 comments:

Krissy B. said...

Oh, how I love this! Are you selling it or is it going to be a pattern? I know I could never get it to look like this. This is pure artist color blending talent which I don't have. Just wonderful. We got 3 inches of snow last night and more to come so no Fall again this year. Can't wait to move. we have a huge estate sale this weekend and it's going to be really chilly in the garage and out buildings. Yuk! Enjoy your warmth.

elaine allerton said...

Love this , lori!
Your stitching is beautiful, ,,,
Cant believe its still hot there,,,
We have had a few rajny chilly days here in ontario,, but expect hot days again next week,,, indian summer!?!
Stay healthy,,,
Lovely weekend,,,

Kaisievic said...

Lori, this is a stunning piece and gorgeous photos.