Tuesday, July 18, 2017

~ Not So Tiny Stitches ~

 Hello!
...and Happy Tuesday to you all!

between the intolerable heat and dry weather,
I am holed-up in my old farmhouse ~ working on Autumnal things 
and dreaming of falling leaves, pumpkins and crisp, cool nights...

I am such a needlwork-butterfly ~ flitting from this-to-that!
so today I am working on another new cross stitch design 
that will include this house 
~ stitched in shades of pumpkin!
{ok, DMC 782}


but instead of stitching on smaller count linen,
I am LOVING this larger count linen that I picked up at a quaint little stitching shop called:
HodgePodge
 located in Strasburg, PA on our travels last week.
here is the link to their FB page ~ click HERE


the package that this came in says 18ct Aida ~ Lambswool.
but we all know it is linen ;)
 

 and I am stitching on it using 3 strands of floss over two threads of linen...
it is working out to be more like a 20ct though,...{over 2 threads would be a 10ct}
easy to see, big and super-fast!


don't mind my penciled-on ruler,
those lines are meant for other projects ~ not this one.
 

the hoop I'm using is one my sweet Mom gave me while in CT ~
it is a "Queen" hoop with coin-screw closure.
 

a perfect size for the project I'm working on! 
 ~ thanks Mom!!!
 

Hoping you all are staying comfy and safe in this horrible heat.
please remember to provide water to your outdoor friends

 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

10 comments:

Kathy R. said...

Thanks for the info on HodgePodge. I'll be heading up there next Friday and will have to stop.

Flannel Jammies Farm said...

What a fun and easy-to-see way to stitch! I'm looking forward to seeing the finish!

Cheryl R said...

I always liked that too. So much easier to see to work on. This heat is making life quite miserable and the weeds n grass are taking over. .
Upside us Im getting lots of Christmas projects done and quilts bound.

MrsDuncanMahogany said...

I just love your blog! I remember the first (and only) time I ventured out into the world of stitching on linen (instead of stamped xstitch) and sadly it still is sitting in my WOP pile. So very overwhelming for me! I think I bit off too much too soon. I wish I lived closer (and in the same country)! I would come to your stitching nights and get some perfect guidance. :)

The Eveningstitcher said...

Good choice, Lori! I've been using 20 count linen and 18 count....It's so much more fun and easier on my eyes...and I get my stitching done way, way faster!! Great color choices! Can't wait to see it finished! Sorry about the heat and dry weather....

Heritage Hall said...

Called HodgePodge and they were closed for the day,
but will get back to them for some of that "aida"..
it looks so homey and autumn. Looking forward to
your finish...

Ronda said...

Look forward to seeing this completed. What a wonderful hoop! Have a great day and stay cool! ~ronda

lg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maintenanceg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
3nod maka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.