Saturday, March 12, 2016

~ A Beautiful Mess ~


This is what love looks like:
 {and I've seen this look many, many times…}

Peter & Minew

and this:

really?….
yep. they are in love.

and in case you missed it,
this:

Peter & Willie Nelson {Hannah's BFF}

 Yes, we are a mess when it comes to our fur & feathered friends.
They fill our lives with so much love & joy and happiness!
a beautiful, fur-covered, drooled-upon & feathers-flyin' MESS.
and we wouldn't have it any other way.


The weather yesterday was perfect for a little outside hooking.
{um, that doesn't sound right, so for my new readers ~ 
...that means I was hooking on my rug outside on our patio!}


see my beautiful red & white Berry Carrier?
a sweet gift from my bestie, Joan Ellen ~
love you, dear.

… my Berry Carrier is perfect for holding my assorted wool strips as I work!
{with thanks to the ingenious idea from another bff, Robin M. for the inspiration!}


so cheerful!

My "Big Bird" rug progress is coming along ~
I have finished hooking all of the green vines, leaves & inner border.
and have started the outlining of the background…




I decided to use that palest-peachy-salmon plaid wool for the background.
~ it sets of the neutral colors in the motifs of my design nicely I think.
And there is just enough of the tiny flecks of brown & robin's egg blue in it to add a little interest…




I do have a full but thin border to hook on this after the background is complete,
I want to do something a little busier there, just to make it more fun…
maybe hit or miss? stripes?
polka dots!!
we shall see…


the border will be between the last row of green wool & the inked line you see above.

 I might want to add just a few strips of something else 
into the background though,
for more movement.
{maybe a whisper of pale robin's egg blue}


get your Hook on!

Our little Farm Shop will be Open from 10:00 - 3:00 today.
If you're in the neighborhood, drop by to say hello!
a bunch of us will be here working on our projects and chatting away…
hope to see you!




Make your day beautiful…
look for the joy in every little thing!

~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori….I WANT TO COME AND JOIN YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can't. Hrumphhhh. :)

Penny said...

Ditto Nancy D.!! Although I'm too far away and don't know how to hook, I just want to be there to sit and chat!!

Angela Tucker said...

I don't hook, either, but I would LOVE to sit at that table and do handwork or just chat!! Your farm and family are beautiful. Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,, love ur pics,,,, your pets are adorable,,,,
Your mat ,,, love it,,,, will it be a rug pattern,,, to purchase? Would like to hook it,,,,

Kathleen from Racine said...

You can't go wrong with robin's egg blue! Excited to see the finished rug after you work your magic on it, Lori!