Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Touches of Spring ~


...a most welcome sight!!

my 'persuaded' forsythia & pussy-willows are beginning to bloom!
{I dislike using the word 'forced', so 'persuaded' it is…}







I cannot wait for the gardens to stir to life again this year ~
I have big plans for new plants, new colors and some neat garden decor ideas…





I have always loved houseplants too,
my Mom & Sisters all have green thumbs when it comes to houseplants…
me? not so much, but I do keep a few alive ;)


ivy


some kind of succulent ~ any idea?


a corner of our Keeping Room off the kitchen ~




i love old wire birdcages too ~





soon will be shearing season again ~
here are a few of our antique sheep shears & old spoons…





early printed rabbit in a basket of carrots…
waiting for
S P R I N G


hello!

this is my strawberry gathering basket below…
a sturdy white & hardworking basket that
it is patiently waiting for the first sweet berries to fill it.

at the moment it holds memories of last year ~

...soon….very soon.




In the Meanwhile ~
to whet your appetite for SPRING & NEEDLEWORK
Don't forget to HOP along with us on the 
~ beginning March 1st ~

here is the 'line up' of participating designers:

{links to these are located on my sidebar to your right --->}


Well I'd better get to my chores ~
*vacuuming
*window washing
*floor mopping
*dusting

{{beginning my Spring Cleaning?}}
you betcha!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Have a *SPARKLING* day my sweet friends….


~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

12 comments:

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Your farmhouse really is taking on a spring air m'dear!
SO nice to see. A bit up North here in Ohio we are getting a bit more snow. At least we've had some sunny days and they ARE getting longer! Have a happy day!! L

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am in love with your sweet basket of carrots ! I'm watching for Spring ;)
Rose

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lori, always a joy to visit you in your cozy farmhouse. Love all your Spring touches, made my day that much better. Thanks Francine.

Cheryl R said...

thank you for sharing your charming home and Spring

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

The days are gradually getting longer and Spring will come. Love all of your springy touches to the farm house. Also love your new header. Looks great!

backporchcarver said...

Your home is so warm and welcoming. I love all your baskets too. We think alike, I have a bunch of forsythia being "gently persuaded" to bring some spring into the house also.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I persuaded some forsythia and a few daffodils too Lori - they really brightened my thoughts. :) blessings, marlene

Hunny Crafts Primitives said...

You have a beautiful home Lori. Next month I will be starting sowing tomato seeds, early potatoes and more ;o)

Heidi Steiner said...

Perfectly lovely in every way. Thanks for the smile today.
Heidi

Carolyn Boutilier said...

Love the red corner shelf. my thoughts are of spring also. Will be glad when this blast of cold air is gone.
Carolyn B

susiedele said...

Lori...I think your little succulent might be called Purslane. It's in the Portulaca family (like Moss Rose)

Blogger said...

Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium pages of your blog / site?
Simply open an account with AdWorkMedia and embed their content locking tool.