Friday, April 11, 2014

Simple Farm Living ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!

oh we have been enjoying some pretty weather the last few days ~
so I headed out yesterday with camera in hand to snap a few shots of my favorite things
here on our farm for you ~

Enjoy!

'the twins'
(not really, but close)


"Fancy"
(she thinks she is everyone's Momma)



'Toby's' tail-feathers…
blackish-blue, green & purple



the wind caught them
as I snapped :)



our gentle ewe, 'Esther'



our gentle ram, 'Bobby' ("baaaah-bee"…get it?)



friendly rooster with beautiful neck feathers



this boy wins the prize for the his large comb!!



'The Crew" out cleaning up the barnyard



fresh laundry snapping in the breeze


 and of course,
on the edge of our farm is our woods ~
83 acres of peace & beauty…

...we are always in good company with our woodland friends!!



the deer visit us daily ~ so sweet



Mr. Redbird in our backyard feeder ~
looks like he's smiling for me!!



tiny violets
love the purple and yellow...



beautiful & simple



our forsythia is beautiful this year…full and bright!



downward-facing flowers

...the trees are getting ready to bud!!



our beautiful Persimmon (left) and our ancient Box Elder…
I love their branches against the blue sky ~


and I always find something to collect ~
since putting our gardens in years ago,
little snails have moved in and they occasionally leave their spent shells behind..
yesterday I found two!



tiny little treasure



Mother Nature is quite the Artisan ~
thinks makes me want to hook a snail-shell chair pad!!!!!


more sunshine & warm temps today ~
I think I'll take my rug hooking out on the porch and listen to our bird-friends while I hook.

OH! almost forgot….
I will be offering the new cross stitch patterns this weekend for those that have inquired…
just have to iron & finish them into…'something' ;)


...I'm wishing you all a BEAUTY-full day!!!


* Blessed be * 
Lori

16 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lori, such a beautiful post. Love your sweet animal friends on the farm, Mother Nature holds many treasures, Blessings Francine.

Jeanne said...

What great pictures...makes me want to live on a farm. Truly a blessing to be away from the noise and smog of a city. Enjoy your weekend!

jennifer768 said...

Good morning Lori,nothing better than farm life! Such beautiful pictures and yes there are so many treasures in nature.Enjoy your day.Blessings,Jen

Debra said...

Great pictures, Lori! Living on a farm is such a blessing...I especially love Esther and Bobby. Enjoy the Spring weather.

Anonymous said...

Good Day, wonderful pictures. I always check Virginia's weather out due to my love of Williamsburg, you have some wonderful warm temps coming your way. Lucky girl. Our weather is going to be tumbling down again:( Enjoy that porch time!

Penny said...

Always love seeing your pics of life on the farm.... you snapped some great shots of your friends....so cute and loveable! Enjoy your warm temps...we are hoping for a nice weekend here as well!

Saundra said...

I enjoy mother nature as well so love it when you post pictures of your handsome and beautiful creatures. Snail will make a great spiral chair pad.

Enjoy this fine weather.

Saundra

Diane said...

would love to see the kittens too!

Sheri said...

Seeing the kittens is my request, too. I do enjoy seeing all your farm animals and your visiting deer.
Sheri

Unknown said...

love your simple farm pictures...nothing any better....that clothes line picture is just beautiful....

susan hemann said...

love the photos of your friends, isn't Spring wonderful! My pussy willow is in full bloom right now.Have a wonderful weekend.

twoives said...

Thank you for sharing all these pictures. Mr. Toby and Ms. Esther are particularly beautiful. After all the snow ya'll had, I know all of you on the farm are enjoying the sunshiney days.

Mary said...

Nice to see Toby looking so regal...I remember him when he was so small.....

HomeSpunPrims said...

Always enjoy seeing pics from around your farm Lori. You take such beautiful ones. Have a good day. Hugs, Lori

must love junk said...

Such beautiful pics! Love the sheep :)
Susan

Anonymous said...

oh, what a beautiful, breath-of-spring, welcome is this post today! we continue to "enjoy" the snow in these here parts..... got a bonus inch last night, but maybe that was the last ~ fingers crossed!

rebecca