Friday, July 05, 2013

{ Fall-ing... }

with the heat & humidity that we have been having
 here in the South,
my thoughts have begun to drift towards pumpkins, bittersweet & Autumn in general ~
 
this time of year always brings a flood of inspiration to me for new designs.
this is the finished stitch for
"The Reverend Gourdon Squashbottom"
 
perfect little stitches by Miss Flea
 ( a.k.a. Felicia Martin, my super talented and quick-as-a-wink model stitcher)




"the Rev" as he is affectionately known as here on the farm,
is out walking with his cat-friend, Horatio ~
both are taking a stroll on the Town Green in Autumn...
 
 

 
 
he carries with him a lamp
which he uses to light their path back to the Meeting house on the Green ~
 
 
 
...as the chilly air swirls and dives around them, kicking up dead leaves...
is that a hint of snowflakes I see in the cold night air?
 
 


Peter is creating a beautiful wooden frame for this design,
which I will paint and distress....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
we can NOT wait to show you this sampler all framed up.
it is going to be
just.
awesome.
 

 
 
I have more Autumn-themed cross stitch designs in the works and being stitched.
their titles are:
~ "Widows Weeds"
~ "Oldwick Burying Ground"

~ "Weep Not"
&
~ "OWL O'Ween"
 
 
I'll share pics of the painted frames soon ~
 
Blessed be!
Lori from
Notforgotten Farm

20 comments:

Paula said...

Lori, I'm loving it!!!!!!
If you ever need another model stitcher I would be honored to stitch for you. I'm stitching Parson Brown right now.

Jacqueline said...

This really puts me in the mood for Fall. Love the design and the colors. Can't wait to see it framed up.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love, love, love this one Lori! Looks like a fun stitch. Can't wait to see yours framed in your special frame. You and Peter make a great team! I'm glad you like your doggy. Hugs, Lori

Jeannine520 said...

Love it!! Can't wait to see it framed and REALLY can't wait for it's release!! ;-)

Nancy Bauer said...

The Rev looks GREAT!!! and I am so thrilled you and Peter are doing a frame for him! Can't wait to get a going on him...see you soon!

Jennifer said...

Love this design. That little cat is so sweet. Can't wait for this one to come out so I can buy it!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Lori, I always love the houses on your designs. It is nearly impossible to think fall here in sw Ohio, all it does is rain, rain, rain. The grass and weeds are growing like crazy! It is like spring!
Melinda

Dogwood Farm said...

I love, love it!!
Can not wait to see it framed!
xoxo
Louise

Sandi said...

ohhh...i love this! It would make such an awesome hooked rug :)

Sandi

Barb said...

I am always in an Autumn mood and I love the design. It has a touch of humor to it!

linda said...

Your writing and story telling are equal to your designing, Lori. I love the cats whiskers and the rev's lamp.
Fall is my favorite time of year; any designs with bittersweet coming up?

P.J. said...

The talent is just oozing off the page, can't wait to see The Rev in his stylish frame! Love the titles of your up coming projects, so creative.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pattern,can't wait to see it framed too!!!

denise said...

looking forward to it!! denise

Kevin said...

LOVE THIS DESIGN!! Absolutely love anything and everything primitive and Autumn/pumpkin/Halloween related. Can't wait to add this to my stash!! Beautiful!

Nancee said...

Fall is my favorite time of time of year... love your designs as always.
nancee

Kellie from Indiana said...

Love autumn designs!

Chris said...

This looks like it is fabulous! I can't wait to see the framed finish.
I love, love fall!!

The Wool Cupboard said...

LOVE this design, Lori...wish I had time to cross stitch!

Hugs,
Linda

Theresa said...

Lori I LOVE....LOVE....LOVE this stitch!!! I can't wait to see it framed.