I pulled a few loops last night,
haven't had much time to work this weekend ~
I am under the crunch of a deadline....
...but I did want to show you my slight progress.
| horse is all hooked, now I want to add a little background... |
you can see that I am using a Miller hook,
I love using this with my wide, hand-cut strips...
| great little hook! |
here are some of my strips...
some are wider than others, but they are all between 1/2 & 3/4 inch strips.
I love the look they lend to my work ~
| varying widths of my wool strips by hand cutting them... |
can you see how the large strips, when pulled through the linen with a smaller-shanked hook,
give the loops what I call 'rolled shoulders'?
| dark outline completed around horse |
when the larger strip of wool is pulled using a smaller-shanked hook,
the edges of the loops don't really pull completely through the linen,
...giving an almost knotted, or rag-rug appearence to them...
...I love this look!
| loops pulled high through linen, and because of the wide cut strips, hooking goes faster :) |
I'll finish hooking the dark outline around the other motifs,
...then start to 'block-fill' in the background.
notice the purple wool in the flower below?
the original rug has hints of purples in it, but I think these might have been reds or blues
that faded to lavender over time...that's the look I'm wanting to achieve...
| little by little, loop-by-loop ~ |
what hook do you use?
do you hand cut your strips?
off to the post office & bank for me today ~
then I will get back to work on that deadline!
have a beautiful Monday my Friends!
Lori from
Notforgotten Farm