Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rise & Shine !!!!!

Another chilly morning here on the farm ~
but the sun is shining so it will warm up a bit...
on chilly mornings such as this, everyone has a tough time getting out of bed ~
...even our little Toby!!
wake up sleepyhead
 I go to his make-do coop (a large cat-carrier that Peter has remodeled for him) and scoop up Toby ~
even though we think he is a rooster, and that all of the other roosters here on the farm have been up since dawn, our little Toby is still only 9 days old ~ so he needs to nap quite a bit :)
I don't want to get up mom!
 then he yawns & stretches and jumps to life in a split second ~
can you see how big his feet are?


he quickly jumps from hand to table to investigate...
((perhaps Mom left a crumb from her late-nite cookie-fest?))


still sleepy, but walking ~
 LOOK! a crumb!!
must. eat. cookie. crumb.
 I'll let him play on the table a bit before I put him back in his coop ~
he is growing by the minute and has his wing & tail pinfeathers....
such a big boy ~

Good Morning World!!!
Rise & Shine!
(can't wait till he starts to crow)
have a beautiful day myy friends!!
Life is GOOD :)
sad to say that Toby's little egg siblings didn't make it...
but we are so happy to have him as our little house-chicken ~
those that have visited us here in the past may remember another little rooster that we raised,
his name was Bitties and he was a bantam rooster
(which is a very small breed, like the size of a pigeon)
Bitties would follow me around, roost on my head,
sleep in my lap & come running when I called him ~
I miss him terribly but now I have little Toby to fill my heart, and at the moment,
my hands....
 
 
Blessings from Notforgotten Farm...
Lori