Thursday, October 11, 2012

darn scissors & stitches ~

There are many things I love to collect,
but sewing related items are my definite weakness ~
and I know I'm in Goode Company!

yesterday, whilst out running errands, I stopped in our local antiques mall...
no plans, no directives as what to look for, just a short trip through the booths
would be all I needed for a quick 'fix'.
 
in the first booth I entered, I found three black sock darners ~
now Joan & Flea both collect them too, so I thought, well why not me too.
but
I am limiting myself to only adding black darners to my collection,
as to not tempt myself into
becoming a
sock-darner-hoarder....
ready to stitch ~


my last booth warranted these fine stork scissors...
perfect. I need more scissors, right?
(don't you?)

but these are not your 'average' scissors....
the pair on your left are pretty normal looking ~
but the pair on the right?..........



*swoon*
 
are H U G E !!!!!
I couldn't pass them up...they are Solingen scissors,
made in Germany & as sharp as well, scissors....
have you EVER seen stork scissors this big before?
(me neither, had to have them)
biggest stork scissors I've ever seen.


I also found a green velvet frame that will hold one of my new christmas samplers...
(will share pics of that later)


and below, you can see the beginning-stitches of one of four new cross stitch designs-to-come ~

all will be stitched onto my own hand dyed
Old Farmhouse Linen
and all four will be available in kit OR pattern form!


osage oranges, black darners & scissors ~ oh my!

 
tiny little stitches ~ in oerfect neutral/drab colors that we love.
can you guess what this will become?



linen & thread
 
the names of the new designs are:
"Christmastide"

"Tinsel Towne"

"Peace to All"

&

"S. Claus"
 
you'll find me in the shop today, getting ready & setting up for
STACY NASH's class here on Saturday...
can't wait to see her again and all of the students!
(I'll take lots of pics to share)
 
Have a beautiful Autumn Day my Friends!
 
 
Blessings from Notforgotten Farm...
Lori