Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well, Hello!!!!

I have been missing in action for a few days...
I was in Connecticut for my brother in laws' wedding and visiting my family as well ~
The wedding was absolutely beautiful ~ and of course, in my haste to get ready, I left my camera in my bag and didn't have it with me...I am so bummed. hopefully I can get some to share with you.

I stayed with my mom for a couple of days, so I got to relax and be with her for a while...
my mom feeds squirrels, so every morning we were greeted by this:



she feeds them apples, bread and peanut butter  ~





how sweet they are!





and here are her blue hydrangeas...
I love them.




that perfect blue ~ my very favorite





and how about these...
...are they not gorgeous?




the orange with purple spots is breathtaking...




looks alien, doesn't it?





Mother Nature is so talented, no?

Good to be home, have lots to catch up on...
blogs, emails, orders....
I'll be working on all sorts of things that have inspired me from my trip to Connecticut...
will share soon!!

Blessings from the farm,
Lori

7 comments:

Coon Hollow Farm said...

Next time in Connecticut call me and come and visit!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Dawn! was a quick trip...would love to see you in October perhaps?
~Lori

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your photos are wonderful! What a dapper fellow Mister Squirrel is!!
Those hydrangeas are so lovely and as you said....the Perfect blue! My mother loves those orange ones...and they certainly have the perfect colors for fall!!
Hope you have a simply "inspiring day" on the farm!!
Warm Blessings~~
Julie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful photos Lori!
That Lily? is gorgeous!!!
Always nice to spend time with Mom.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Crafts4others said...

I do find squrriels to be quite cute. last year, they were not so cute to me though, when they kept on eating at my garden.

NIKY said...

Hi Lori when i was in colorado last february i saw so many of them , they're really so sweet indeed!! we do not have so big here in Italy! and the colors are so different, we have red or black!Hugs from lago Maggiore!!!

Jane said...

I was wondering where you were!! Love the pictures of the lovely flowers. I had to stop feeding the birds in my backyard because the blankety-blank squirrels were eating the birdseed AND my precious tomatoes!! Now all my veggies have cayenne pepper on them to deter the little devils!