Monday, May 02, 2011

Shop Garden ~

Howdy Folks!


hoping you're all having pretty weather today...

we are!


yesterday Peter & I got 1/2 of the shop garden weeded ~

still have the other half to finish before Saturday's open house....

don't forget that we'll be selling some of our very own herbs from this garden on Saturday,

hope you can come by for a visit!


here are some snaps for you:


our humble little shop & garden...




my favorite, our palest salmon Bearded Iris...


gorgeous, no?

and my Lily of the Valley smell divine ~
such dainty little bells... with such a heady scent!



and we mustn't forget these...
our super little Strawberry patch ~



I already have big green berries on there,
...and look at all of the flowers for berries yet-to-come!

I can't wait to pick them and add just a little brown sugar & fresh whipped cream to them...

on a homemade brownie, of course!


Mmmmm....delightful :)


oh we have Lamb's ear, Mint, Yarrow, Tansy, Scarlet Bee Balm, Lemon Verbena, Lavender...
...on a hot summer day it is just BUZZing with activity!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I will be a little busier than usual this week...
finishing up last minute things before the open house,
so if I'm not here everyday, ...that's why...

well, along with conjuring up a bit of magick for my 'other' blog :)

Talk soon!

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

9 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Cute shop & the garden is looking beautiful~ Wish I lived closer!
Hope you have a great day!
smiles
Teresa

flutterbygone's said...

So wish I were closer!!! Everything looks so nice!!! I am ALLLLL about my garden this year!!!

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

Wish I lived close enough to come to your open house! Love your little gardens, especially the strawberries...(I just bought my 1st ever strawberry plant last week)what a sweet way of planting them! Just took a few photos today of a few emerging flowers in my gardens and posted them on my blog to make me feel a little closer to good weather coming...living in the northwest Pennsylvania has meant a cold, wet spring this year!! Good luck with the open house and in getting all your last minute things done! ~Kriss~

The Barn Door said...

Love the shop and all your plants. Just beautiful!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lori,
what an adorable looking shop! Oh to visit it someday.

Karen

lindeelou said...

Would LOVE to be able to come to your shop......makes me want to have one of my own....beautiful

Anonymous said...

O I love your shop and your garden and your photos. :)

Jane said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I've been a diggin' and a weedin', too! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awesome shop and garden Lori!! Someday, someday....I would love to visit. Just too darn far at this point in my life. Wishing you the very best for your open house....Hope you can take time to enjoy it. Must be a ton of work. Smiles & Hugs, Robin