Sunday, May 17, 2009

No Chickens Allowed!

People Only Please!

Well, Peter got the outhouse door up...
and the Hens aren't Happy...
(they held a sit-in in front of the 'loo' to let us know just how mad they were! HA!)

...didn't Pete do a great job at the little moon cut-out?
I love it!

I may leave the door painted red,
and keep the rest of the little building natural,
just a protective stain on it,
to weather to that really beautiful
silver-brown-grey that old wood gets...

I have some shoots from my bittersweet vine that I'll be planting alongside...
won't that look swell in the Fall?
and some mums and pumpkins gathered 'round the bottom...
OH I can't wait!

I've pulled out my stitching and am working on some samplers now for the Pharsalia show...
can't wait for that eiether...it's such a GREAT festival!!

I have to bring Jo to the dr's tomorrow for blood work and a tumor marker check...
Please keep her in your thoughts..
We hope that the marker number is down...that means the chemo is working.
The irony with chemo is,
the sicker you get from it, the more likely it's working.
~ such a double-edged sword.

Have a pleasant evening enjoying your favorite people and past-time,
Blessed be!
Lori

13 comments:

~Judy~ said...

The outhouse looks great. Do keep the door red.

basketsnprims said...

Lori ~
Love your "loo". The door is great.
Pam

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love the outhouse. I agree, keep the door red and the rest natural! your hubby did a great job on the half moon.
Will keep Jo in my prayers for her appointment tomorrow. Positive thinking on this end!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love your outhouse!! I've always wanted one.

Julie said...

Oh Lori!!! I LOVE that outhouse. It looks like so much fun. I would actually want to use the bathroom there. LOL

I don't think you should do anything else to it. Leave the door red and don't paint the other sections. It's perfect just the way it is. I love the moon cut-out.

Can I borrow Peter and have him come to Nashville and build me one?! :o)

I hate it for your sis, but I'm thankful she is getting treatment. I'll think about her.

Sweet Sue said...

Perfect door color, yes~leave it red! And so much better since *He* thought of it, isn't it always the way:) Congrats on your new loo, it's ever so sweet.

Stitchin Sweet Sue

sewprimitive karen said...

Gracious, that was fast. I think the chickens need a little outdoor overhang or something now :-). Hope the doctor's visit goes well.

janeu729 said...

Things just keep getting more and more interesing at Notforgotten Farm!! Peter did a lovely job on the loo.
You and your family are in my prayers.
Sending you positive thoughts and big hugs!!

Cindy said...

Yep...keep it just the way it is!!
I love it! He did a WONDERFUL job!
And did you say....."bittersweet"? Lucky you!

Keepin' sis in thoughts and prayers!

Katy said...

Oh my gosh...it is so cute! :) I love it!!!

Wittig Homestead said...

Love the outhouse and chickens. Makes me very nostalgic for Brown Egg Farm. Hope I will have a farm again someday. Take care, sweet friend and don't forget to put the Sears and Roebuck catalog in the "loo"! LOL xoxoxo Josh

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love it....what do you do in the winter??? Is it insulated? Just curious. lol Dianntha

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

It's unanimous! the door stays RED!

Joshua, you're the first one to mention the Sears Catalog!!! my stars, I remember my aunt Mim talking about that!

It won't be insulated, only for use during the warmer months...