Friday, February 13, 2009

Signs of Spring!!!!

my little hens are starting to lay more and more eggs each day...
we'll be bringing home some more little hens this eve,
a gift from our sweet neighbor Patsy.
little chartruese buds on my baby lilac bush,
also a gift from my neighbor Patsy...
I can't wait to smell their sweet blooms again ~

teeny tiny tri-bloom narcissus poke their sleepy heads
from the warm, brown earth ...
these are located next to an old stump in the front of the barnyard
where I planted one of my little herb gardens..
Our entire backyard is naturalized with hundreds of these narcissus...
the scent is heavenly!
I'll post pics when they're fully 'awake'...
Hope your day leads to thoughts of Spring and Warm rains...
I'll be painting again today and will post again this eve~
Live Creatively, each day!
~Lori~



4 comments:

janeu729 said...

I've been looking for signs of spring, too. My pussy willows are popping and the hyacinths, crocus and daffs are on their way up.
Love your plunder!!!

Beth Twist said...

Oh, they are lovely... we are at least a month behind you, nothing is growing here yet, and a bobcat keeps getting into the chicken coop, so my daily egg count is down. sniff... sniff...

Katy said...

That's fantastic!!!! Still not quite warm enough here for our girls to want to lay...I hope soon though! I miss fresh eggs!

Julie said...

I love spring! I love that everything once dead comes back alive refreshed, renewed, to live again among us. Those eggs are so pretty!