Thursday, January 08, 2009

snippets & scraps...


I worked on my little wool applique quilt today, finally finishing up the saw-tooth border...
I did only two sides with the border, the other two are more flannel plaid homespun...
I like the look!

I'll try my hand at machine-quilting it now...
i want to 'echo' the design of the pot, stems, flowers & leaves...
i'll use a contrasting brown cotton thread for this....

I think it will be pretty when finished!

I have to start on a needle punch project next, a little rabbit....
and I hope my cross stitch model makers out there
(You know who you are!!)
are stitching your fingers off !!!!

well i'm off to make roasted chicken for dinner tonight...scratch biscuits & fruit salad...
I can't wait to plant my garden!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I like the saw tooth edge and especially the plaid! Looks great!

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Hi Lori. Enjoyed my visit, catching up with your doings, and love the little cupboard-door quilts. I'm sure they'll do well for you.

Hope to see you soon.~Diane

Wittig Homestead said...

Love the quilt, Lori, and I especially love the sawtooth border... Have an awesome day! Joshua xoxo

Deb said...

I just love this primitive tulip block the heart centers are a wonderful touch. Your choices in fabric is wonderful...love it.