Monday, September 15, 2008

Whirlwind...

Sometimes,
our expectations of something lead us to believe
that what we are about to experience
will be wonderful...
othertimes,
we are disapointed
in the actual outcome.


I can happily say,
that my expectations
of the
Country Living Fair
this past weekend,
far surpassed my wildest expectations!


Happily surrounded
by thee most talented people on the face of this Planet,
I meandered about,
almost stalking the artisans in their well-appointed booths ~
(sorry if I acted goofy, girls...but i couldn't help myself!!)


How can you comprehend so much talent in one space?
Simply...you can't.

Familiar faces, friends from the past...
...new acquaintances and comfortable conversations
greeted me from day one of the Fair experience...


Usually one to feel a kinship with artisans
of different mediums,
I quickly realized I was SO out of my league!

Tent #1 was the Earth Angel's tent...
(www.earthangelstoys.com)
I began scouting around the perimeters of the large, white tent...
I scanned the outer corners first...
(thee main reason I wanted to attend this show!!!)
I guess I am a wannabe Earth Angel, and just visiting with these girls made my life!!
So Jen, if you're reading this, now you know my secret!!!!!

Was that Laurie Meserol & her most-wonderful paintings?
(yes...and I tried to capture her on film,
but
the elusive Ms. Meserol was busily gathering lunch for her fellow Angel's)...
Laurie, I loved talking with you...& can't wait to see your new work!


...the tent was buzzing with chatter from customers & artisans...each one in a high-pitched, energized voice that surely anyone that has ever witnessed such creativity in one place can truly understand...


Leslie McCabe and her delightful textile arts...
(I purchased the cutest pin from her,
that I'll be wearing at our open house Saturday!)
Thanks, Leslie, for putting up with me & my hot flashes!!!


Debbee Thibault (and me!)
Debbee gets cuter by the minute,
and her new designs are out-of-this-world!!
She was autographing the book
"Where Women Create" for her customers...
(can't wait for that mag to come out!!)




Jen (Earth Angel's "MOM")
...and Pat Purphy...
(sorry I couldn't get the front of you, Pat...you're just too quick for me!!)
Pat's Bears are just awesome...
she had a suitcase that was stuffed with Hallowe'en bears & ephemera...

Jody Battaglia's table was chock-o-block full of creations
from FUN TOWN!!!
(Jody is quiet & sweet...just like her creations!)
can i have one of everything please Jody???



Stacy Bear was kind enough to humor me
while I took her pic & gushed on about
her loverly paintings...
each one a masterpiece in & of itself...

After I visited the Earth Angel's,
I went about the grounds in search of other fellow familiar artisans
and Friends...
and found:

thee beautiful Alex Pfifer from the Seraph
(Mass. & Ohio)
Alex has such a pleasant & gentle way about her...
she's a peach!
Alex, I will take you up on your offer to visit your home!!!


Barb Kemp...Hooked on Rugs...
Barb & I have known each other for a long time...
her booth was stuffed with wonderful models for hooking & needle-punch...
here she is with her beautiful daughter!

Norma & Jen Schneeman...
what more can you say about these two women?
the epitome of Primitive ...
....talent beyond measure, and so down-to-Earth...

and,
the Beautiful, Sweet & Kind~


Susan Soloway Daul...(and hubby!!)
I first met Susan years ago at the Wilton Show in CT...
She has been an inspiration to me forever...
Susan, loved seeing you again & hopefully will see you again in February~

after visiting the other Artisan tents, we walked through the Antiques dealers tents...
WOWOWOWOWOW !!!
is all i can say...
(even the Antiques Roadshow had an event where items from Fair attendees were appraised...
too much fun!)

booth after booth of needful things...textiles, americana, ephemera...primitives, holiday collectibles, shabby & chic
Needless to say, we came home with a ton of goodies for the shop
(and ourselves!)
Mark your calendars for next year's Fair...it shouldn't be missed....
I'm so happy that we went...
although it rained Fri. & Sat., and the Buckeyes lost to Cal., we had a blast...
Now, the rest of the week will be devoted to getting this shop ready for the open house Saturday,...

4 comments:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

I am marking my calendar for next year...you made it sound so wonderfully exciting - thanks for all the pictures and good wishes for your open house! Judy

Tammy said...

It looks amazing...I had been wanting to go & to attend your open house...alas it will not happen this year the old Burb needs more work again.

Blessings 2 U friend & thank you for sharing!

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Oh Lori! I so enjoyed this! Loved the pics and your commentary ~ wonderful!! (me living vicariously through you, lol)

Prairie Primitives said...

Hi Lori!

There are very few things I miss from the Midwest -- Arni's Pizza and events like this are two of them. Glad you had a fun time at the Fair!

Tana