Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Leaving for oHIo !!!


I'll be leaving in the morning to go to Ohio !!

Whoopie!!

See you Sunday!!!

Above is a pic of a necklace that I made today...
it's made from (top to bottom)

~an antique silver Baby's Spoon,
to which I've attached a vintage mother of pearl knit counter ring,
with a vintage white bakelite button set inside that...

~on the bottom of the spoon I've soldered a silver jump-ring
and attached 2 little dangle charms made from freshwater pearls
and black onyx beads...AND

a really OLD bottle that I dug out of our ground here at the farm
(we have TONS of bottles, shards & ball jar lids out in the backyard..
they must have dumped their trash back there a hundred years ago!!)
The bottle is an old mecurichrome or merthiolate bottle with a black screw on cap
and glass 'dropper' attached to the inside of the lid...
(remember skinning your knees when you were younger
and your Mother dabbing on that red-stuff that stung like the dickens?
...yep...that's the stuff that came in this bottle!)

I soldered the top with silver solder, then 'embellished' it with little silver solder drops..
then I attached another vintage mother of pearl button, this one is a cool, almost dog-wood petal shaped one, and added a black bakelight/rhinestone button to the top of that...

Finally, I filled the little bottle with more black/white freshwater pearls
and little amethyst swarovski crystals....it hangs from a 24 inch ball chain.
I'll be wearing it this weekend to the show!!
I started another spoon necklace, this one is a larger sized antique silver spoon...
I'll show pics when I get back home...
See you soon & Blessed be!!!

No comments: