Tuesday, May 03, 2016

~ Happy Chaos ~


…and Happy Tuesday to you
Friends & Folk!

May is a month of happy chaos for me ~
my worktable is piled with projects for magazine deadlines, class model projects and
finished goods for upcoming shows…

I am finishing up the class project model for the June 25 class at
Ye Country Mercantile
420 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA
{{click HERE for more class details & registration}}

I am SO excited to meet Doreen in person, 
and visit her loverly shop and see all of my student-friends ~
as well as re-visit my old stomping grounds again!
I grew up not far from Sturbridge {well, CT ~ but not that far for me}
and have visited the town of Sturbridge, Old Sturbridge Village, 
and the surrounding area ~ many many times...

I'll be sharing the finished class model tomorrow here on this blog ~



Valdani threads will be used for the project
along with the finished Butter Paddle that Peter makes for us…




can't wait to show you!




I've also been charting new cross stitch designs 
~ that will be flying out to my able-handed stitcher today

choosing the right threads & linens
is as much for for me as
designing them for you to stitch!




orders need shipped {thank you kindly} ~
pattern directions need to be typed
and photos need to be taken
…today.




creative-clutter on my desk
but I know where everything is 
{sure i do…}
;)



the calmness of our farm & the quietness of my sewing room
keeps me inspired and focused on the tasks at hand.




just hoping the sun will visit with us again today…
our grounds are saturated and spongey
but good for the gardens I guess.







Hoping you all have a beautiful day
doing what you love to do!!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

5 comments:

Vicki Jo said...

Lori, I am so happy you are coming to teach a class in New England! I have been planning to take a punch needle class -- now I have signed up to be in yours! I am a total beginner so I hope that is okay. I am a quilter and I sew; I've done counted cross stitch and needle point. But punch needle is new to me. I've admired it for quite some time and now I am going to learn how to do it myself! Thanks for coming to Massachusetts!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! My timing, though, is horrible…I was just in Massachusetts last autumn…that was before I knew of you and your artistry. Thank you for your inspiration, Lori!

Jacqueline said...

Your sewing room looks pretty neat to me... comparatively speaking..

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love looking at your sewing room, Lori! Just the pictures are an inspiration to me! Will be looking forward to seeing your new cross stich designs...it's finally a nice day in MIchigan...spring is sure slow in coming this year!

acorn hollow said...

It all sounds like lovely busy is good but you are in a good spot to work.
Cathy