Wednesday, December 06, 2023

~ Looking Ahead ~

 
 
 
Good Morning 
Friends & Folk...
 
we awoke to raindrops on our rusty tin roof, and big, fat droplets on the old way glass windows.
sometimes I like to lay in my warm bed peacefully before getting up...just for a moment or two,
~ and think on all of the things I'm thankful for.

it is a peaceful way to begin the day!

speaking of thankful,
i have had the nicest comments over 'there' on social media regarding the little
Faded Hearts Trinket Box class that I am planning for early 2024 ~

more details will be added, like the actual date {lol} and class fee, as soon as I work them out.

the topper on the box was punched using 3 ply cotton floss from Valdani, in muted old colors...
some threads variegated, others not.
 

the box is a 3 inch round paper mache box, 
~ that we will cover using beautiful papers from
Cinnamon Creek Folk Art





Initially,
I am planning an In-Studio class for this project,
which means the students will receive their class kits/supplies at the time of class.

then, I will offer the PATTERN {paper or PDF} in my Etsy shop
for those who wish to create the project.
there will be a supply/resource list included with the pattern,
~ for you to purchase everything needed to make the project.
I will also have a tutorial here on my blog so you can have life-time access 
on how to complete your very own Faded Hearts Trinket Box.

kindly note:
** I will not be offering kits for this project **

 I hope you will join along in the fun of creating with me!

~ hearts aren't just for Valentine's Day you know....
and these folky Faded hearts are just the thing to make your heart sing!


♥ ❣ ❤ ❣ ♥ ♡ ❦ 🖤 ❦ ♡ ♥ ❣ ❤ ❣ ♥

Stay tuned, as more info will be coming in the next few days
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

Lillian S. Wilmoth said...

Thanks Lori! I can’t wait! This sounds fun and it’s such an amazing box to make. Looking forward to it. ♥️

Saundra said...

Your beginning sentence with raindrops on the tin roof reminds of when I'd have a sleep over with my cousins in their grandmother's house. It was such a peaceful sound which put me to sleep.
The vintage text adds to your creation. Bet you have a full house with the class.

Nancy said...

Love raindrops on dusty tin roofs...and I love your darling trinket box with its fancy script...❤️

Rugs and Pugs said...

SWEET!

marly said...

I plan on learning punch needle, have had what I need for some time. As soon as I settle and regain some patience, will give it a try. This box is so stinkin' sweet.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lucky you with the raindrops. We had a couple sprinkles, but if you blinked too fast you missed them. I love hearts and yours that you punched are precious.

Marilee said...

Unfortunately, we don't have a metal roof, but there is a rain spout on one corner wall of my bedroom and sometimes I get to fall asleep hearing that welcome gurgle as the rain drains down to the ground.
I love your little heart trinket box. Hearts are such a simple design but hold so much meaning.