Thursday, July 06, 2023

~ what day is is???? ~

 Well Howdy-do?
I began today like many other folks...
what the heck day is it?
Tuesday?...Friday???
*geeeeez*
ah...it is Thursday,
that's right.

don't like being confused on the day of the week!

Peter has me take a photo of him next to the Elderberry usually on a monday,
but we messed that up not knowing what day it was LOL

here are a few chronological pics in a span of 3 weeks...
it grows fast and the flowers are huge, just waiting for those berries!



 
I'm stitching, and punching, and painting...
and other things.
 
working on fall and Halloween 
always gets me going 
and there are just so many things I want to do & share with you!
 

for now, it is hot as..well, you know.
the storms, heavy rains, thunder & lightening humidity and HAIL
have been keeping me indoors more than outside, 
where I usually work on the patio...
 I'll just keep focused on the cool, crisp
apple & woodsmoke scented air that lives in my memory
while I burn candles of the same fragrances and stitch in the never-ending hum of the AC
{I would much rather enjoy the hum of the bees}



and now that I definitely know what day it is,
just to say that we will be OPEN here at the farm shop
tomorrow {6/7} and Saturday {6/8} 
from 10-4:00
 Keep cool. Stay hydrated.
and Be Kind.
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

NMK said...

Hot & Humid after 3 days of pouring rain ....our plants have grown like crazy too !
We have had to check our calendar every day this week to know what appointments we have and when the garbage gets picked up ....has to bee too confusing !!!LOL

Rugs and Pugs said...

Not knowing what day of the week it is ~ what a terrible problem to have...lol!

Saundra said...

I was confused about what day it was yesterday. Having a holiday on Tuesday really threw me off.
Thanks for the compliment on my new project>

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are not alone in being confused about the days this week. Somehow I had it in my head that Tuesday was Sunday and it went downhill from then. Our heat and humidity finally broke and today I could almost imagine the feel of beloved autumn. Unfortunately, we have not had any rain except for 1 rain two weeks ago Saturday. So things are wretchedly dry. Please share photos of the elderberries. I don't have any now but growing up we did. ~Robin~

Nancy said...

Not recalling what day it is tells me we are living pretty fancy-free lives! Tell Peter his Elderberry is looking fabulous. Those huge flowers promise many sweet berries to come!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Elderberry looks amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with for fall designs, Lori. Stay cool!

Paula from Kansas said...

I’m off on what day it is also. I do love autumn and decorate my house in those colors year-round. Today it is cloudy, gloomy, and rainy with some thunder thrown in for good measure. My favorite weather!