Monday, June 05, 2023

~ June ~

 
 
 i'm a few days late, 
but Happy June!

I was up early this morning,
got the kettle going, went outside into the freshest air 
and picked lemon balm & nettle for my 1st cup of tea...

I have a habit of wandering around out there in my nightgown ~
which is fine, because the only 'neighbors' who watch me
are wearing fur or feathers....
 
~ for three {maybe more?} years, we have been visited by a wild rabbit
who I've affectionately named bun-bun {clever, huh?}.
she is pregnant once again with a belly-full of littles, and sits patiently for me by the garden gate
for a handful of blueberries and the occasional walnut or three...
 
our wildly-overgrown gardens are producing more weeds than vegetables
but that's ok...
 
 
 

I'm always lighting candles early in the mornings
so their scenst waft throughout this old farmhouse all day long...
~ my favorite candles are always autumnal & halloween scented,
like this beautiful one below from
Misi at Gable House Goodes called 'October 31st'

 

kettle hot, tea is steeped and sweetened with honey...
heading to my stitching chair to make a few tiny X's on my linen....


 hoping you all have a beautiful week my friends!
 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

9 comments:

Saundra said...

My momma bunnies have returned again and as much as I enjoy seeing them worry about the resident hawk and their safety. The rabbits have been plucking their hair so either making a nest or have one.
There used to be one rabbit which would continue eating when I walked into the yard to put up the bird feeder. These two scatter and in a way I'm glad they are cautious but part of me wishes they'd stay put so I could feed them too.

Rugs and Pugs said...

You live in the country so jammies in the garden is ok. I live in the city and the neighbors directly across from me are constantly out in their jammies. They are known to a few of us as the "pajama people". Drives me crazy. It can be 3:00 in the afternoon and the guy is in his sleep pants and robe walking the dog on the sidewalk. I wonder if some days they don't even get dressed.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a perfect morning to me, Lori! I've been eyeing Gable House Goodes, as well...so many lovelies. Your Gardens do not discriminate...very Goode! I only route out the ones that get bullish!

Prims By The Water said...

A perfect morning! Am loving working on your latest cross stitch pattern I received. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy June to you as well Miss Lori. Your morning routine sounds wonderful. I can't believe how large your garden plants are already. We went from a chilly, wet, barely spring to full-blown hot, dry summer. It's too early for us. While it is supposed to cool down a bit starting tomorrow, there is no rain in the forecast. Oct. 31st is one of my favorite Misi scents. ~Robin~

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy June to you and Peter, Lori! Lovely piece of stitching you are working on! We have had a couple rabbits around, but haven't seen them in a week or so. Know the hawk hasn't been around because the squirrels are still hanging around. Enjoy your week!

Faith said...

I call our neighborhood bun bun professor hossenfeffer. Love to watch them eat clover in yard. Everybody else puts chemicals on their landscaped yards. Delightful blog. I had started some pennies, and put it away for awhile may be get back to it in the fall.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your blog got me into Gable House candles too. Addictive! Your stitching looks inviting. I haven’t been able to plant my garden yet. Too cold. Boo

Connie said...

This is such a lovely post. Really enjoyed the photos.