Thursday, March 09, 2023

~ whimsical stitches, storage and favorite threads ~

 
 
 Hello Friends & Folk!
and a happy Thursday to us all ~

Spring is Springing ~
and the birds are singing!
the sun is shining but is is a bit chilly....
but
I'll take it!
 
I've been enjoying creating a few whimsical embroidery projects 
like this coiffed lady below!
{she requested a head-full of french knots for a comb}
 
 
I've put a bunch of different stitches into her, like:
french knot, daisy stitch, seed stitch, satin stitch, split stitch
&
straight stitch.
{and some I kind, sorta make up as I go LOL}


I put her in an oval flexi-hoop, as I thought she had a vintage-y look to her and
these hoops remind me of the 70's ~
...she is stitched on stained Osnaburg, and I used Valdani 3ply cotton floss
to stitch her with.

I'll be offering her as a pattern this weekend in my Etsy shop!

 
I started another embroidery, this time a basket...
not sure if those flowers will stay or if I'll change them, but I like the basket nonetheless ;)
again, stitched on osnaburg using 3ply Valdani cotton floss...


I'm not the most organized stitcher, but I'm trying!
I dumped out all of my small balls of floss that are my 'go to' colors
or what I call my Working Palette, and then rearranged them all by grouping into colors ~
blacks, browns, greens, blues,...etc.




then I wrote down their names and numbers in one of my notebooks that I keep for embroidery only:
some of my colors might look different to you, as I see colors a bit differently I think than others.
what you might perceive as green, to me may be used as a blue...
or an orange may be used as a red and vice-versa.
anyhoo, I took photos of my pages in case you wanted to save them for yourself,
or if you're just interested in seeing my thought process LOL ~



 
I'm sure you have your own ways of storing, organizing
and categorizing your Valdani 3 ply cotton floss thread balls, and I would love to hear about that!

wishing you a day filled with peace and creativity ~

🧵 🧵 🧵 🧵 🧵 🧵 🧵

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing with us Lori!

NMK said...

Your new Little Lady is so sweet ! Love her hair and basket ! So pretty !
Fun to see how neat your threads are & look pretty together in their little cubbies ! I also like the way you keep track of your colors ....I save the insert label in a dish to let me know I need more ! I haven't punched anything in a while though ....
Was fun to visit your Blog today Lori !!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your chicken finish is darling especially with her fully knotted comb. Pretty threads you have organized, Lori! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love those, Lori!

Deb Makar said...

Lori I can't find your pattern for the hen on your Etsy site! I love it. I hope it's not gone.

Deb Makar said...

Hi Lori, Love the chicken pattern can't seem to find it on your site. Thanks Debra

Deb Makar said...

Lori, Somehow I deleted our conversation. In your March 9th 2023 you shared a wonderful picture of the hen embroidery. I didn't now if you messaged me about the pattern. Sorry if I'm bothering you I love your patterns. Thank You so much friend
Debra😉