Sunday, April 10, 2022

~ Whitework Embroidery ~

 
 
Good Morning Friends & Folk!

a nice, quiet Sunday is on the cue for me today...
the weather is a bit overcast and chilly still,
perfect for my Stitching Chair!
 
 In-between cross stitching and needle punching,
I started this whitework embroidery yesterday....
 
 
very simple stitches are being used...
stem stitch, split stitch and straight stitch ~
with a few lazy daisy stitches sprinkled in too.

 
the linen I'm using is 32 count 'Havana' from Weeks Dye Works,
and the pearl cotton is from Valdani, size #8.

 
...sometimes it's just nice to work on a project that I don't have to think much about...
just let my hands work and my mind wander.
(usually thinking up more things to stitch lol)

 
what are you working on?
whatever it is, I hope it brings you comfort and makes your heart happy.


 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

No comments: