Tuesday, May 26, 2020

~ WIP's & Woes ~


Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
Happy TUESDAY to us all...
{yes, I have to keep telling myself it is not Monday.}

Me thinks a #flosstube video might be made later today,
to show you a few of the Works In Progress that are now living in my stitching bags...

they run the gamut between Christmas, Everyday, Halloween & everything in-between.


so far, these are the 7 that I am flitting between
like a deranged moth...


and here are a few of my project bags ~
purple one is my beautiful PSS bag made by Faye of Carolina Stitcher,
beautiful floral bag is from Lucy Beam
skelly/day of the dead bag is from Stitch'n Button
and my favorite is my 'Witchy' bag, from Lela Mae ~


the title of this post is wip's & woes...
so you saw the wip's,
now for the woes:

I was looking through my piles of linen, to {what else} begin yet another design
and came across a few that I forgot to mark as to what color/count they are.

ugh.


I try {really} hard to pin a small note to them but sometimes they fall off
leaving me quite perplexed.
of course I can always figure out the count,
but the color or dye is another story.



so I know that the one on the top of the pile below is osnaburg ~
I do love cross stitching on that even though it is such a weird wonky count {35/36} and has cotton 'seeds' in it and is not 100% natural {cotton/poly}
but, the bottom two remain a mystery as to the color name...


and the one below with the needle in it is {I think} my own hand dyed/stained
Old Farmhouse Linen...
but I can't identify the other two.



How do you all store/organize your linens?
~ are they labeled?
~ by count or color?
~ what is your preferred count to cross stitch on?

Inquiring minds and all that...

{{ and stay tuned for the #flosstube video announcement on social media  }}

Blessings from the Farm
~ Lori

6 comments:

Danell said...

Can't wait to read the comments/ideas for storing fabrics/linens. I have just re-entered the world of cross stitch (like so many), after about a 25 year hiatus and am only beginning to get a stash build up. Don't have a problem YET, but I know it won't be long and I will be wondering what to do with all of the linen. How great would it be to have a plan from the start?!

Jennifer M said...

Well whatever those linens are Lori, I love them. You have some great WIP going too. I don't probably have a proper way to store my linens, so I'm really looking forward to reading others. Mine are kept in boxes and the bundle in the box is wrapped in tissue paper. I have a box of mystery linens and two other boxes and those are all marked color, type and count. IMHO one can never have too many linens. I just need more time....

JustGail said...

Organize? What is this "organize" of which you write? My linens are sorted by thread count, some tagged, some not. If there was no tag from the shop attached, I have no idea of brand, color, or fiber content. The only certainty I have on any of the untagged is that I did not dye them, since that's something I haven't attempted yet.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

My cross stitch is disorganized in two plastic grocery bags. I haven’t stitched since 2000 and have been online this week looking at linen for a project. Ouch!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, if I had such adorable project bags as you, I might have more WIPs than I currently do LOL. And your WIPs look like they are really well on their way to completion! Well, I actually did a post a while back on my attempt to organize my flosses and linens...but, basically, for my linens, each piece is in its own clear zip locked plastic bag, with the name of the linen, the count, and the size of the piece labeled on the outside. (Having suffered marks from pins holding paper notes, or having colored note paper discolor the fabric, etc., I have opted to print out my labels with a label maker and attach them to the outside of the plastic storage bag. If the linen was purchased for a specific project that is also noted. Then the bags are sorted by fabric count. I know the pieces shouldn't necessarily be folded for long-term storage, but I just don't have the room, nor patience, for hanging storage. ~Robin~

Unknown said...

Really great information. I always love to read and spread this kind of information that is unique and really informative.

Keep up the good work.
Pasture Measurement