Friday, May 15, 2020

~ Early Morning Stitching ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!
Happy Friday to us all...
a glorious day for our neck of the woods....warm temps, slight breeze.
actual MAY WEATHER!!
 
It wasn't bright enough to stitch
when I woke this morning ~
{{ but I had a little help from my little owl lamp... }}


many more stitches to go on this, 
my 'Mary Black's Epitaph' sampler ~ 
I have the rest of the wording to stitch, then on to motifs and date...
then finally the border will be worked!



you may remember, 
this was a design that has been in my computer for a few years ~
and was never fully charted...so I am winging it as I stitch it now,
~ just adding things from my imagination.
 {something I love to do }




using some of my favorite fonts for the lettering ~
and making up more as I go.
 

the sun was coming up as I began taking photos...
I love the soft morning light on my wood floors
here in this old farmhouse.




a favorite pair of chartreuse Bohin scissors ~ purchased at one of my favorite LNS:
In Stitches Needlework in Alexandria VA

and a favorite fob from 
Victoria Gable at www.stitchnbutton.etsy.com
{ don't know what I love more about this one, the amethyst-colored gems, 
the bone crescent moon or the dangly little broom at the end!}


sun is up! 
on with the day...
chores to do, then back to my stitching chair.

what are your plans for this beautiful day?
 


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

4 comments:

susan hemann said...

what is LNS?

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

{ Local Needlework Shop } ;)

Susie H said...

I love visiting In Stitches when I visit my daughter in Alexandria! It's a great shop and the folks there are always so friendly & helpful! Your design is really coming along, Lori!

TheCrankyCrow said...

This looks like a fabulous stitch Lori!! Can't wait to see more. I, too, love the early morning light...but, usually no enough to be a truly early riser LOL. Cold, rainy, fand glum here in Nod. The spring warm up they promised sort of fell apart somewhere over the plains. ~Robin~