Tuesday, May 12, 2020

~ The Beginning ~

 Good morning friends!
and a happy Tuesday to us all ~ 
we lost power for several hours last night due to the high winds we've been having...
thankful that has died down and now hoping for some true May-like weather!

My farm chores are finished,
and I have begun working on a sampler that I charted 4 years ago...
{{ it has been living in my computer and back of my brain
for that long and really needs to be set free! }}

I chose my linen, a beautiful soft and old-looking color
a Zweigart-based linen called Vintage Light Examplar from 
Lakeside Linens & Designs, Inc.


a very paled-yellowish linen with subtle hints of staining...
just beautiful and perfect for my next project!

the threads that I will be working with are different for me...
I chose Valdani cotton floss ~ two are solid and one is variegated:

these are in 3-ply {strand} balls, 
and I will most likely stitch this with one strand
{maybe two} but definitely not all 3...

#234 ~ Khaki Olive {solid}
#8121 ~ Brown/Black Light {solid} 
&
#H212 ~ Faded Brown Heirloom {variegated}


Oh!
 I almost forgot to mention the name of this design:
"Mary Black's Epitaph"
~ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ~

I'll share progress as soon as I have some more x's crossed!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

4 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love those colors. These times are made for stitching! Stay well xox

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Beautiful and inspiring materials!

NMK said...

Can't wait to see what you will do these !!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I love them too...starting on the sampler this evening, haven't had a minute! <3