Saturday, April 04, 2020

~ Saturday Farmhouse Musings ~

 Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
happy Saturday to us all....

it is so pretty outside this morning;
so strange that everything 'looks' fine but it really isn't, is it?

today marks one month since I last saw the beautiful smiling faces of my Tribe...
the last of the hugs, laughter and kinship for a while I guess.

please be safe everyone, by doing what we all know we need to do:

Stay Home if you do not need essentials.

Wear a Mask & Gloves if you positively have to go out.

Give yourself and other folks Room in the aisles of stores...
always be respectful of one another by thinking of others first.

Purchase only ONE of something when you need it, and look around to see if there is an elder-folk near you who might just need that item a little bit more than you do now.

Keep your family safe by leaving them home when you have to go out somewhere.
this Pandemic is NOT A VACATION.

Keep your thoughts positive by not watching the 'News' 24/7...
like anything, it too is harmful if too much is ingested.

We keep very busy here at the farm...we have our beloved animal friends to keep happy.
we have chores, everyday-stuff and our online business to tend to...

not much has changed with our lifestyle, 
~ except for fewer trips to Town ~
and unfortunately that includes fewer trips to the Post Office.

PLEASE 
be patient with us, if you have placed an order in our Etsy shop ~
we really are just a 2-person team here, doing the very best we can do 
to keep our customers happy by shipping your items as soon as humanly-possible.

We continue to be humbled by your support and kindness, 
and truly thank you all so much from the bottoms of our hearts ~

This morning I woke early to the birds singing
and the Jenny Wrens, Cardinals & Robins were serenading the rising sun...
~ tempting me out of bed to step outside and see what they were so happy about!


Aunt Dot's Wisteria is blooming...





my Sister Jo's Redbud in full bloom!

the hosta is up ~



new little Lambs' Ear....


Spearmint smells so good in the warm sunshine ~

as does the Lemon Balm.


weed? what weed....I see food for the bees ~


even my Lavender has buds :)


the Garden of Weedin'


~ sweet daffodils ~

our peacock-boy sunning himself...


how big the baby turkeys have gotten...


and the little ditties...the white one is a silkie and her name is 'Frizzle"
 I have of course, started another embroidery,
this one will be a brooch and I will add some beads to it for a little sparkle...


oh! I also painted a few little lady's in watercolor...
 






 Make Good Use of the time we now have...
~ be creative, be productive ~
and always be good, be kind, be happy
and most-importantly
...be Well.


Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

7 comments:

Miss Mollie's Art said...

Thank you for the hopeful, uplifting words. I really enjoyed the pictures of your lovely farm. I am north in the "thumb" of Michigan and we are quite a bit behind you with our blooms. I have put out an extra bird feeder and I am enjoying watching all the beautiful birds come to feast. I bought a pattern from you this week. I am working on my own pattern business too. I love your work and you are truly an inspiration to me. Take care. Soon this will be over and it will be a story we can tell the young ones. Sincerely, Mollie

NMK said...

So nice to see how big your plants are already …..just finished punching your cute pattern ,
"Bunny Folk" …...my 6 year old Grand Daughters are crying because they can't see their friends ….or us ….just on face time , thank goodness we can do that !!!

Linda said...

Thank you. Sometimes we need a reminder that life goes on, even in the midst of a pandemic.


kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I so appreciate these sunny spring pics! Seeing the Lamb’s ear reminds me mine used to be prolific and has been overcrowded with other plants. I must tend to it when the snow melts. And I can almost smell that lemon balm. Thanks for the day brighteners ♥️

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wise words as always, Lori... I, too, enjoyed your beautiful peeks of spring. Our Robins and Cardinals have returned, but not yet is growing (plants can be a great deal more intuitive than many folk sometimes), although I did see the green of chives and the tentative green fingers of some jonquils poking through. Take care and be well and safe.... Sunday Smiles ~ Robin

UKenDoArt said...

Enjoyed the Spring photos and your poetic advice for being safe and staying busy. I'm retired, and until recently had been volunteering my time teaching art to 5th-graders and seniors. Now, blogging -- ukendoart.blogspot.com -- has become my way of life. It started almost 1 year ago an has accelerated over the past month. Our 6-month-old puppy also keeps me very busy, sometimes walking twice a day around the neighborhood. Used to travel to Virginia for business. I now live in a somewhat small rural town in Washington State, though nothing like your farm.

GritsgalinIllinois said...

Your written post is well said! I appreciate every word. Love your first watercolor lady.Just made me smile. And of course, love your designs!!!