Tuesday, April 14, 2020

~ Old Things, New Things... ~


 Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
and a happy Tuesday Morning in April to you all....

I've been thinking about something,
{well, a few things to be exact}
but one thing in particular;

I want to publish another book.
there ~ i said it.

A self-published book...
that I will author, illustrate and photograph.
AND it will be a book about Embroidery!

{OH, I can hear the cross stitchers, rug hookers and punch-needlers out there saying "boo!"}
but, this is a way for me to share my love of embroidery with you.

There will be projects with step by step photos, 
and tips on my techniques to achieve the look I get with those tiny little split stitches.
 featuring my "Primsical" characters and little folk like my Farm Witches and Rabbit Ladies
with a few new 'folk' included that I'm working on now.

{btw, 'primsical' is how i describe my work and style: Primitive + Whimsical = Primsical!

a coffee-table styled book that will be pretty to look at and informative as well...


I have a ton of work to do for this endeavor ~
but there is no time like the present to begin work on something that I have been longing to do.
~ my creative juices are flowing and my cup runneth over with ideas!


 I am hoping that my excitement about this gets you, 
my needlework-loving friends excited too ~


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

15 comments:

Jamie V said...

A fantastic idea! Can’t wait!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I thought so too ~ lol
Lori

Maureen said...

I would LOOOOVE a book like that from you. I am always admiring your sweet embroidery stitches and the details you coax out of your threads. I will try to wait patiently for this to come to life!

Deb Makar said...

I would love a book of embroidery from you. Can't wait for it!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Excellent idea...excellent! Good time for an ambitious project.
Stay well,
R

Annmarie said...

As a long time member of the Embroiderers Guild of America and a lover of all stitching (especially your), I'd LOVE it.
Sounds terrific - I love to do the stitching but don't always have the creative thoughts - depend on others like yourself to get me going. THANKS - Good luck - Can't wait

NMK said...

This sounds just wonderful ! I am one of those that says Boo though....I love you pretty stitching items , all the details & little beads you add to them makes them so special . You are amazing !!!

Cherokee said...

I am really looking forward to this!! I like all types of needlework, but lately have been gravitating to embroidery. And all your designs truly speak to me. Sign me up for a copy!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Is it too early to stand in line for my copy??? I have been WAITING for this!!! I so would love to do some of your primsical piecies!! Get to getting Girl! ~Robin~

Donna said...

Your embroidery is beautiful so a self published book solely on embroidery sounds perfect. Looking forward to a sneak peek.

Wyld Dream Farm said...

That is incredible!! I would buy that!

Running with a sharp pencil said...

Yayyy! I can't wait unti it is available for sale! I love all needlework, but there is something about embroidery that is really special!

Marion McCann said...

I can’t wait for this book to be available. I have all your books but embroidery is my favorite so really looking forward to this.

oldmommy said...

What a great idea. You do a great job with embroidery. You have your own style and that makes it imperative that you do a book. Susan Branch had great success with self publishing her book. She has a great blog and seriously cultivates her followers.
Good luck and keep us posted. Lee

Jill said...

So exciting!