Tuesday, April 28, 2020

~ a cup of tea ~


 Good Morning Friends & Folk!

happy Tuesday {again} to us all ~ 
will it rain? will it be sunny? yes and no.
well...it is April, so anything goes and April showers bring May flowers, right?

In the process of working on one my embroideries, 
figured I would show you something that I do when stitching them;

I use a pencil to draw my design onto my osnaburg, 
which, as my readers might know, is my favorite choice for embroidery.



nothing fancy for me,
a comfy chair ~ a simple hoop {when I'm working on a smaller project} 
a pencil, some osnaburg, my favorite bent-needle and good old DMC cotton floss
are all I need in life to keep me a happy girl...
(( well, add to that a couple of kittens and a copious amount of green tea ))



 


... this sweet lady, growing her tea in her big teacup is almost fully stitched,
 then I will add her to the pile of models that need to be framed/finished ~
and finally turned into patterns and listed for your stitching pleasure in our Etsy shop.
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

4 comments:

littlemancat said...

I love this! You are so creative! Who would've thought of the lady growing tea in her cup? Sweet!
Mary

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another sweet design Lori! Raining here in Nod...no question of sun LOL...

The Primitive Moon said...

Piękna praca :)

Running with a sharp pencil said...

I love her - she is charming! Is your bent needle bent from use, or a special needle I don't know about?